Monday, March 26, 2007

Looking for a Way Out of a Cul-de-sac

You can judge the character of a person by the neatness of his automobile trunk.
That's the doctrine I began to embrace immediately after I cleaned and vacuumed my trunk tonight. Prior to that, the doctrine had no meaning whatsoever. By the way, carrying cat litter in your trunk is a great way to combat the effects of icy roads, but its value diminishes when the bag breaks open in the trunk and the ice is on the outside.
On the bright side, I did manage to find a ten dollar bill in the trunk. I guess it fell out of that guy's pocket.

I CAN MAKE NO FURTHER COMMENTS, AS THE CASE IS PENDING LITIGATION.

In other news, I'm in great need of some interesting new music. After getting overly excited by that Morphine band, only to find out that the band is neither together nor entirely alive anymore, I'm wondering if there's anything new I need to hear. On the way home from vacuuming small cubes of clay, I heard a song called "Brave New World" and prayed that it was something new. Pray. Pray. Pray. Nope. Mr. Radio Head comes on and tells me it's Michael Penn, he says, "from way back on his March album." Uh-oh, 1989. 'Way back' isn't a phrase I wanted to hear. In fact, I appear to be going backward. My Delorian 85mph tastes in music are running me right out of the 21st century. Nonetheless, it is a great song.

Investigators looking into the friendly fire death of former NFL star Pat Tillman found no criminal negligence, but they did find negligence in the initial investigation, so there really isn't any way to know what in Hell happened.

The NCAA basketball tournament is down to what marketing people refer to as the Final Four. There really isn't anything "final" about it, since they still have 3 games left to play, but we'll go along to get along.
Secretaries, nerds and graduates of the four schools are rejoicing in the fact that two 1-seeds and two 2-seeds are remaining. From the looks of it, the pools will come down to tie-breakers, since there was no George Mason this year. All that wasted energy finding the Tennessee, Texas A & M or Oregon that could advance could have been put to better use if we had just gone with "the chalk", and spent the extra time drinking.
Smaller numbers win. Who'd a thunk?

2 comments:

kimmyk said...

I'm always looking for new music. I need inspiration. Someone to stalk. That's usually when I turn to my children and talk to them. Of course they roll their eyes at me and I'm no further ahead then when I started. If you find somethin' let me know.

Sparky Duck said...

im gonna think from now on since after this year I am convinced the NCAA is trying to suggestively rig the tournament.