Saturday, November 17, 2007
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Paula Creamer watches her tee shot on the 18th tee during the first round of the LPGA ADT Golf Championship at the Trump International Golf Club in West Palm Beach, Florida, Thursday, Nov. 15, 2007. Creamer was 4-under-par for the day.
So, Americans will continue to feed the machine and athletes will continue to measure the risk/reward scenario and figure that the millions they can earn are a fair reward for the chance that somebody will either rat them out or they will be caught on their own. Steroids scmeroids, that's a lot of money. If the drugs kill you (as they should), you're only giving up the lousy years at the end, when you're too old to care anymore.
For $27 million a year wouldn't you do the same? I guess that's what the Feds want to know.
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Today was one of those foggy mornings where, if you didn’t have your headlights on, you were practically on top of someone before they saw you coming. Needless to say, there were plenty of drivers without their headlights on – some of them in expensive cars that should be equipped with some sort of automatic device, and others in SUV’s which (we are told) are safer than the regular sized cars that the rest of us drive. Can they really be safer if we can’t see them?
One particular dolt came careening down from the on-ramp and settled in about ten feet from my front bumper. Upon closer inspection, I could see that she was looking down and up repeatedly.
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Monday, November 12, 2007
Sunday, November 11, 2007
- Speed is your friend. The slower you go the better chance you have of falling.
- Don't slow down.
- Learn to turn. On the road, there are only sweeping turns which you can lean into. On the trail, the turns are sharper and more drastic.
- Don't wear anything you aren't afraid to ruin. I have several articles soaking in pre-wash.
- Don't ride too close to the person in front of you. They'll slow down or stop and you will have to, too.
- Trust the bike. It's expensive for a reason.
- Don't use the front brake. Chances are, you'll tumble over and injure your upper trapezius.
- Did I mention not to slow down?