Friday, March 30, 2007

Oh Arnold, it's a shame there is only one of you.

I was reading an article about California's growing problem with greenhouse gases, and I come across what I still see as an odd turn of a phrase ... Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger ... just as hard to write as it is to say. Critics say that Hollywood types should stick to the acting and stop telling us their political views.
Until one of them is a politician, I guess.

NEXT ... PRINTING MONEY OVER AT ARTHUR A. LEVINE BOOK COMPANY:

Now that they have the pesky cover out of the way, the road is cleared for the seventh and final Harry Potter tome, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," coming out July 21. Author J.K. Rowling, apparently blind-sided by the release date said, "I guess I'd better get my ass moving."
I'm expecting the usual TV news blurbs about the goofy-ass kids with the cape and round glasses lining up a day ahead of time so that they get the book. I always wondered how many of them actually read it? It's either the most popular book series ever or the biggest scam perpetrated on parents since the "Time Out" was invented. I have no kids, so I have no clue.

THE GRAIN OF SAND ON THE BEACH:
EGG HARBOR, N.J. Police in Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey arrested two residents and seized over $1 million of marijuana during a drug bust Monday. Once inside the home detectives discovered an elaborate marijuana growing operation, including more than 500 living plants, dozens of bags of dried marijuana and manufacturing and packaging materials. Police said the estimated street value of the marijuana was approximately $1.1 million.
Now, hundreds of people in South Jersey will have to get their dope elsewhere. If the new Jersey wants to save money, the war on pot is a good place to start. What a freaking waste of time and money. The government should be encouraging it, really. A doped-up populace is a rotten government's best friend.
If Arnold Schwarzenegger was Governor, things would change, baby.

THINGS LIKE THIS HAPPEN IN STATES WHERE AN AUSTRIAN BODYBUILDER IS IN CHARGE:
SAN FRANCISCO - City leaders approved a ban on plastic grocery bags after weeks of lobbying on both sides from environmentalists and a supermarket trade group. San Francisco would be the first U.S. city to adopt such a rule if Mayor Gavin Newsom signs the ban as expected.
The law, approved 10-1, requires large markets and drug stores to offer customers bags made of paper that can be recycled, plastic that breaks down easily enough to be made into compost, or reusable cloth.
They unload those things by the trailer-load at the local grocery. There's a bin outside to recycle, but I wonder how many of them wind up in the landfill? The best thing I can say is that I use mine to put the recyclables in and tote them to the condo bin, so at least I'm not throwing them away. Still, I think we'd be better off with a little less packaging in general, and bags are a good place to start.
Canvas, baby.
Let them have it, Black Plowman.
.

1 comment:

Anthony said...

It might. Geez, and I figured you for a nice rant on Governor Terminator.

As far as the recycling goes, I'm the guy at the office who picks the copy paper out of the trash and puts it in the recycle bin - THAT'S RIGHT NEXT TO THE TRASH CAN.

Dumbasses.