Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The Glass is Half Empty

Ruler of night, tide, and emotion - symbol of silver and ancient of wisdom, the moon's bright face reflects the glaze of lovers. A stunning integration of form and copper wheel engraving, this design by the late James Houston is a collector's prize and a romantic gift for a special milestone - a silver wedding anniversary, perhaps.
Numbered, Limited edition of 50.
Steuben Glass Item 0591 • $18,000

Uh-huh. Perhaps. I want to be married to the babe who could fork-over $18,000 for a piece of glass to celebrate our anniversary. Just once.

Of course, by the time I'm celebrating my 50th anniversary, I'll be too old and feeble to appreciate the finely crafted glass sculpture that Anna-Ashley Hilton has purchased for me with the money she had left over from the boob implants and collagen injections she would have to have to be eligible for that spread in Hot Tank-Top Bimbos Who Love Older Men magazine. She would be better off saving the money and buying me a new colostomy bag. Waste not, want not.

I don't even know how I got on the Steuben mailing list, but here it is, every month, a constant reminder that I don't exist in the rarefied air of people who could spend on a piece of glass what I would spend for a car.

It is nice and all...

.

1 comment:

Sparky Duck said...

so its like svarski just less pretty?