Thursday, March 29, 2007

OK, I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Big Brother's 5-Star General is Watching

It looks as though I can now refer to The Pentagon as one of my faithful readers. Woo Hoo. Maybe they'll write me up in their monthly newsletter, The Five Sided Dildo.
We can't find Osama bin Laden, but the military has no trouble finding a Pat Tillman reference in a stream of consciousness post I did a couple of days ago. It reminds me of the time that "Federal Triangle" showed up on the Counter after I did a post critical of the president. [rubbing chin thoughtfully] Why doesn't Paula Creamer or Jaime Pressly show up once in a while? I guess they have "people".
Apparently, The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight is checking up on the Blogosphere for things and stuff. Maybe they should have looked as hard for Pat Tillman's stray bullet.
I'll be watching the skies for the black helicopters.
Later that day ...

As faithful readers know, I am a spam e-mail reader. Tonight, however, I am virtually kicking myself over deleting the SPAM folder so quickly. As I hit the DELETE button, my eye caught the heading of the top one: SLURPEE SURVEY. Oh man, that sounds ... gone. The SPAM deletions bypass the TRASH, just like rock crushes scissors, so I couldn't hit ESC fast enough to stop it. Focus!
The story of Slurpee® drinks began in 1959 with a broken soda fountain machine in Kansas. When Omar Knedlik's soda machine broke at his drive-in hamburger restaurant, he began serving icy-cold bottled soft drinks from his freezer. Customers fell in love with the slushy drinks, sparking Knedlik to come up with the idea of creating soft-serve frozen drinks.
The Slurpee mark was created in May 1967 during a brainstorming session at 7-Eleven's in-house ad agency. While drinking the product through a straw, agency director Bob Stanford commented that it made a slurping sound.
Oh my God, Bob - you frigging GENIUS! There will be a little something extra in your pay envelope this week, young man.
I'm just glad he didn't fart right after he drank it. Imagine the name. It would be fun to say, though.
CLERK: Yes sir, may I help you?
ME: [giggly] Yeah, um ... I'd like a ... um ... uhm ... Pootee.
CLERK: What flavor?
ME: Almond toast, of course.

I'd be there every day.

.

5 comments:

Firestarter5 said...

Nice Pentagon capture. I still can't figure out how they visit for 0 seconds though.

Candy Minx said...

Oh you're so funny...I've had a bit of slow time coming around to visit blogs for the last two months...and it's so good to check in here to see you up to your regular charming funny ways...my loss but I am catching up!

hey if you have time or interest...I wrote a small survey about art and home. I am curious about what people look for or if they do in art...

hopefully you can drop by?

Here:

http://gnosticminx.blogspot.com/2007/03/candys-special-tour-of-art-on-ebay.html

Jay said...

Thank heavens for slurpee.

Kate Michele said...

0 seconds huh? Thats about as long as I'd expect one of "those" men to last.

Ok I'm an odd one...I hate slurpees... I think its an aquired taste, and I don't have it. Though yes I'm glad it IS called that....

Sparky Duck said...

will you keep an eye out for me in guantanamo?