Thursday, February 22, 2007

So, You Think You're Weird?


I was challenged by the clever young lady that runs This Chaos I Like to Call My Life to a "weird-off" of sorts. She has posted 10 weird things about herself and has tagged a few of us to do the same. Weird-O-Rama.

I think it's interesting that pretty much this entire blog is dedicated to how weird I am. So, post-wise, we're up over 300 weird things - and counting. Besides, I did a whole Thursday Thirteen about it in September that fans of mental illness can use as a reference in their Master's Thesis.

"Oh yeah, he's weird, but check out this guy! Jumpin' Jesus!"

OK, maybe one more...for the kids.

The latest one is my new favorite evening snack. Birds Eye Deluxe Mixed Baby Vegetables. That's right. I heat the little bastards up in the microwave, salt 'em up and go. Dee-lish. And I don't even own a rabbit.

Most of my oddities involve food ... or the cell phone, but not cigarettes ... speaking of weird behavior.

BARDSTOWN, Ky. - Debbie Coulter said she supports the right to smoke at her restaurant, but the 52-year-old shudders when she recalls a recent incident in which she fell asleep smoking and her nightgown caught fire. "It scares me to death," said Coulter, whose husband helped extinguish the fire. "I could have lost everything — my husband would have had to bury me."

Keep smoking Deb. He'll have to bury you soon anyway.

So, dig this - the answer these geniuses in Kentucky came up with was a Fire Safe cigarette. Sure, keep smoking. That's a great idea. Why bother to stop the behavior when we can fix it with money and technology? That's like fixing drunk driving by building a car that steers badly on purpose.
Clue for Sale: Stop smoking the Goddamned cigarettes! We don't need new and improved cigarettes, we need no cigarettes. That's the only sure-fire (pun intended) way to keep people from setting themselves on fire. God, do I have to think of everything?

Fire Safe cigarettes. I wonder how you get them lit?

6 comments:

Sparky Duck said...

i always knew you were a vegetarian.

Fire Safe smokes? Another idea for the masses I couldnt come up with. So, pick me up some Camel Ultras at Wawa next time ya go

Pam said...

Ummm...That would be "what is a dumbass?" for 400, Alex.

bananas62 said...

Weird, but I don't think your weird at all..a little quirky at best!!!!! :-)

Me said...

You're not weird, Anthony. Just funny as all get-out, as we say here in the Hill Country.
That means HILARIOUS, dude.

Kate Michele said...

Hmmm after all those beans....I'm not sure I'd want to be around you buddy!!

Oh yeah and fortunetly for me...I DO own a Rabbitt.. ;)

supergirlest said...

yes, to answer your question, you do have to think of everything.