Sunday, February 18, 2007

As the Old Broad Would Say ... OMFG

From president Bush's press conference on February 14th:

QUESTION: A lot of our allies in Europe do a lot of business with Iran. So I wonder what your thought are about how you further tighten the financial pressure on Iran, in particular, if it also means economic pain for a lot of our allies.

BUSH: It's an interesting question. One of the problems, not specifically on this issue, just in general, that -- let's put it this way: Money trumps peace, sometimes.

In other words, commercial interests are very powerful interests throughout the world. And part of the issue in convincing people to put sanctions on a specific country is to convince them that it's in the world's interest that they forego their own financial interest.

And that's why sometimes it's tough to get tough economic sanctions on countries, and I'm not making any comment about any particular country, but you touched on a very interesting point.
You know -- so, therefore, we're constantly working with nations to convince them that what really matters in the long run is to have the environment so peace can flourish.

In case you may have glossed over that: MONEY TRUMPS PEACE.

Jesus. Who wants to form a commune in England with me?

Or is that really far enough away? How about Neptune?

Stop over at Pam's to see the video.



5 comments:

Me said...

No kidding, Anthony.
That phrase jumped out screaming at me during that presser. I was literally stunned into momentary silence.
Money Trumps Peace.
OMFG is right.
I think when (IF) his reign of terror is over, people (in general, not us liberal bloggers) will be STUNNED when they discover exactly what this piece of shit has done.
On that commune thing. How about a warmer place, say Belize maybe?

Anthony said...

Pam: I'm surprized too...at the out loud part.
One of the news shows brought it up, and I had to go find it to make sure.

I've never heard anyone say that 30% was high. It's probably even lower here in blue-stateville.

Pam said...

Three percent is high to me. It is beyond my comprehension that ANYONE could approve of the "job" this "president" is doing.

That Koolaid must be some powerful stuff.

Donnie McDaniel said...

If it wasn't so stupid and serious, it would be funny. I do hate that man! I wonder what people in other countries think when they hear what the hell we have squatting in the White House. I am so embarassed!

msliberty said...

I'm in.

Can we go somewhere with a coast?