Sunday, February 18, 2007

Viva Wayne Newton

So, there's Wayne Newton, singing the opening song for the NBA All-Star Game in Las Vegas. In some strange way, it's a perfect match - A make-believe game in a make-believe city with a star made by the make-believe city. He's standing up on the top of some lighted Plexiglas stairway singing "Viva Las Vegas". Nice. Well ...

I can't really see his face moving, presumably as a result of the thousands of dollars spent on cosmetic surgery.

Then, I think about the theme ... of course, he would sing "Viva Las Vegas". Wayne Newton and Las Vegas go together like peanut butter and chocolate. Las Vegas paid for all that surgery. I'd sing my little silicone-enhanced heart out too, if I owed as much to one city as he does.

Although, the lusting after Beverly D'Angelo in that Vegas Vacation movie still sceeves me a little ... a lot.

3 comments:

kimmyk said...

I thought he was dead.

Anthony said...

Not unless the NBA is sponsoring some sort of undead pre-game show.

Yikes.

Me said...

I'm laughing at this:
"Not unless the NBA is sponsoring some sort of undead pre-game show."
Which reminds me. I knew a woman who was FOR REAL obsessed with this Newton nut. Her entire OFFICE was decorated with pixs of him (wonder what her home was like) and she worked tons of overtime to pay for her twice-yearly trip to Vegas specifically TO SEE HIM. Period. That's why she went to Vegas.
And she belonged to a club that was chock-full of women JUST LIKE HER.