Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I'll Take Dumbass for 400, Alex

So, I'm walking on the treadmill at the gym, watching the closed captioned version of Jeopardy. Can life get any better? Not right now, it can't.

It is without a doubt the most pretentious show on the TV, and it has been on since 1911. It is regarded as a measure of intelligence, but it's really just a TV show. And what's all this nonsense about answering with a question? WTF? That's my question. Usually, the questions and answers don't match-up. Here's an example:

The category was "Before the Euro", and Eileen asks for the $400 question.
ALEX: The answer is ... The drachma.
EILEEN: What is Greece?
ALEX: Right.

Right? If somebody asks me "What is Greece?" and I respond with "The drachma" I'm going to look like a dumbass. On Jeopardy, it's worth $400.

Eileen's a genius, and I'm walking on a machine for half an hour without going anywhere.

The Dumbass.

Who is me?

8 comments:

Kate Michele said...

Hahahahaha....ok that really made me chuckle!!!

Have you seen the preveiws for the new Fox game show "are you as smart as a fifth grader?" Chad and I are sooo looking forward to that one....

kimmyk said...

I wish they still had Name That Tune on TV. I rocked that show.

Jeopardy? Meh, not so much.

Sparky Duck said...

ya see, the options at 7pm are horrible. I could watch Alex and Jeaopardy, celebrity "news" or Tweety on Hardball. What can i do?

bananas62 said...

your killing me! :-) I needed that chuckle!

Me said...

ROTFLMAO!

Pam said...

Ditto what the Old Broad said!

That Alex is always such a pompous ass too. I wonder how smart he would look if someone took away his stack of index cards!!

Susan said...

As usual, Anthony, way way way more entertaining than any blogger has a right to be :) Plus I'm SO jealous of getting to watch something other than MTV on your gym TV, dang!

Ladyred said...

some days i do want to kick alex in the teeth. but i myself am a trivia geek so i love watching jeopardy. i don't care that the q's and a's don't match, it's a game for shit's sake. and yes i like to watch that millionaire show (of course i was a millionaire a million times over and used all my lifelines but it's SO much easier from the couch!) and what ever other trivia crap is out there. needless to say i am full of useless information.......which one day i will have the answer to! hehe. have fun walkin to NOwhere!