Saturday, February 24, 2007

The iPod Shuffle

Here's the idea:
Set your iPod to SHUFFLE, and report the first 10 selections that pop up.

OK, so mine is a Dell, but it has 2915 songs in it, so the results should be interesting. Here we go:

Top Jimmy from 1984 by Van Halen

The Door Into Summer from Pisces, Aquarius, Capricorn & Jones by The Monkees

A Hit By Varese from Chicago 5

Sweet the Sting by Tori Amos from The Beekeeper

Rocking Horse by Gov't Mule from their Boulder, Colorado show

Jam (untitled) by The Dave Matthews Band from Live Trax volume 4

What is This? by King's X from Out of the Silent Planet

Lawyers, Guns and Money by Warren Zevon from Excitable Boy

41 by The Dave Matthews Band from the Golden Gate Park show

Amish Sex by Dave Attell from Shanks for the Memories

That was fun. Only one repeat band, and although I routinely go through it and remove stuff I thought I would listen to but don't, I wouldn't take any of these out.
Who has an iPod that wants to take a shot at this? Besides being interesting, it's about the easiest blog post you could do.

5 comments:

Me said...

OK, I'm gonna admit something to you. I am the last person in America who doesn't own an iPod. I know, I know. One of the these days....

Pam said...

Oh, I'll play tomorrow! But don't be surprised if you see some children's music pop up. My ipod is not 100% my own.

Kevin said...

Ok Anthony, my iPod is out on loan to daughter #1, so I hope you don't mind the results of shuffling my iTunes, so here goes:

1. Baby Hold On, Dixie Chicks, Taking the Long Way.
2. Do I Do, Stevie Wonder.
3. I am a Man of Constant Sorrow, Soggy Bottom Boys, Oh Brother Where Art Though.
4. Jamaica Say You Will, Jackson Browne, Saturate Before Using.
5. Rollin and Tumblin, Bob Dylan, Modern Times.
6. Swallowed by the Sea, Cold Play, X&Y.
7. Prologue, Renaissance, Tales of 1001 Nights.
8. Its a War in There, Dar Willaims, End of Summer.
9. Already Gone, Eagles, Greatest Hits.
10. Going Through the Motions, Aimee Mann, World Cafe.

.......Whew, glad that Bee Gees track didn't show up!

Anthony said...

Renaissance ... cool.

Yes, I think Bee Gees AND Coldplay would have been a bit much. :)

Ladyred said...

old broad......i don't own an iPod either. unless someone's gonna buy me one...it ain't happenin. i'm fine with my cd player.....