Wednesday, July 4, 2007

The Guessers

OK, so I'm bored on July 4th. No picnics or family Bar-Be-Que's to attend, so my thoughts turn to the weather and how the masses will deal with it.
Local dumbass on NBC10 says, "There's rain in the forecast for the fireworks, so keep your eyes to the skies."
Really? Ya think? Isn't that where the fireworks are? It's six o'clock. Three hours from the fireworks, and dumbass can't tell his viewers whether or not they should go outside to watch the fireworks on the Parkway. If he can, he's too gutless to make a call because if he does, he will be held responsible for something, and God knows, at a half a million a year, he doesn't want to be held responsible for anything. Go - and pack an umbrella in case we are wrong - or not wrong, since we haven't really expressed an opinion - only a viewpoint. Legally, there is a difference.
So, here it is, 9:45pm, and I can hear both rain and fireworks going off outside my window. Three hours prior, Mr. half-million salary couldn't tell me whether or not I should stay home.

That's the 9:25pm radar view. Do you think you could have told us that at six o'clock? No, you were busy interviewing people on the Parkway and saying "chance" and "take your umbrella in case" - meanwhile, the National Weather Service was issuing a tornado watch.

WTF?

3 comments:

Sparky Duck said...

The guy on Channel 6 was even worse, trying to be all polyanna so the tv viewers would stay tuned to the rest of there show, which included a Patti Labelle that we could not here, an hour of music that was 6 hours old and a water logged Hall and Oates. Yippee

Anthony said...

It was the lead story on 6 and 10. They got their 8 minutes worth of air-time out of it, so I guess they got what they wanted.

Ladyred said...

Gotta love the weather man.......well i do if he's really hot.

I heard the fireworks but didn't go. Seen em once here. I mean it's great for the kiddies but since I don't have any....and to be with all those drunkards.....no thanks i have a couple of my own i have to deal with.

Thanks for the odo info! I'm actually feeling better about all this, excited even, which has been a while since I felt that since I'm wondering about my *future*.

^i prefer Lenny's Subs around here, yum!