Friday, July 6, 2007

Humor is based entirely on perspective, as I now know.

The Quiznos post from Thursday immediately got funnier once I realized that someone from corporate in Denver read it. What started as a mundane essay based on the back of a sandwich receipt became hysterical to me. Those kinds of things are funnier from 1,750 miles away.

From the gist of their web site, the company appears to have a sense of humor. Let's hope so, since I put the CEO in the position of awarding the weekly $1000 survey prize to his nephew as a birthday gift. Pretty funny, eh? Sure.

Oh, and ... my Phillies are playing the Rockies this weekend at Coors Field. Don't be a Scrooge and screw up our 10,000th loss by making it happen in Colorado. They need two more, and it's a three-game series. Do the math. C'mon, give us a little enjoyment. They come home after the All-Star break and I have a ticket for next Friday's home game against the Cardinals and I want to be a part of history, so let the Phils win 2 of 3 so they can make the magic number here at home. Don't toast the Phils.

So, for the gang at Quiznos, here's a little tune dedicated to them, all about a Smoked Turkey on Rosemary Parmesan Bread:



free music


3 comments:

Sparky Duck said...

Its not looking good, the Rockies have been on a roll, at least for the Rockies over the last month. Hmm, a new quiznos sub perhaps, a Rockies Roll

Kate Michele said...

What no freebies?? At least the Big Ass Fan guys gave you freebies....

Anthony said...

They told me that the next time I go to the Quiznos, I can have all the pickles and peppers I want - FREE.