Monday, September 10, 2007

Where did the day go?

I hate myself sometimes. OK, so most of the time, but you get the point.
Maybe it was that post I wrote on Saturday, or maybe it was something else, but I missed Sunday's 6th season premiere of Curb Your Enthusiasm - the second funniest show on TV. I had to set one of those cable-TV reminders to bleep my TV when 9 o'clock came around on Monday to catch the shortest-ever repeat episode. Never mind that it interrupted my constant switching between the Phillies and the Ravens - seriously, folks, I think I lived in Baltimore in a previous life, since I'm inexplicably drawn to the Orioles and Ravens - but I finally saw the show. Let me tell ya. If you have any way of getting HBO for free, even for 6 months like I did, do it just to see this show. And, if you haven't seen it for any of the other 5 years it has been on, start with season 1 and work your way forward. Hear me now, believe me later.
Not to mention that I fell asleep during the Eagles game on Sunday. It's one of those things. I go to the gym, get lunch, flip on the TV for the game and by 3:30 I'm out - Saturday post notwithstanding. Perhaps gratefully, I missed the game-winning field goal by that kid from Colorado, and I had to see it on highlights and read about it in the newspaper and hear about it on the radio.
So now, I see that one of my former Blogger buddies has made her blog "subscribers only." What's the point, I wonder [quietly to myself]? Why not just send out e-mail's? If the purpose of blogging is to make your skewed viewpoint accessable to the general public, why would you bother to make it "subscriber only"? You want to know why? Ask me, I might tell. Some of you might be dying to know.

12 comments:

Kate Michele said...

Ok you got me.

Why?

Anthony said...

Aw, c'mon K8tie. You're pretty smart. You can figure that out. Did I go to Las Vegas by myself?

kimmyk said...

When did you go to Vegas? I didn't know you went to Vegas.

Anthony said...

Hmmm ... I guess I kept it a bigger secret than I thought.

Anthony said...

A Cautionary Tale. Saved in drafts for many months.

Sparky Duck said...

somebody got pissed off about something she wrote

Sparky Duck said...

no wait, it may have been The Tude

Anonymous said...

whats the point in leaving out the comments section for the weasels post? i seems to be a variation-on-theme of 40 year old virgin and scott adams, nothing is ever too creative. the end.

Anthony said...

I don't know. What's the point of leaving anonymous comments?

I've never seen the 40-year old virgin, so I don't really know what you're talking about. the end.

Kate Michele said...

I'm lost

Firestarter5 said...

I preferred Whammy on her own. This "Tude" blog isn't for me.

Anthony said...

FS5: What? You didn't get an invite? Egad.