Thursday, September 13, 2007

New Jersey on $368 a day.

“I have three kids and no money. Why can’t I have no kids and three money?”
Homer Simpson

Microsoft Word tells me that there’s a “number agreement” problem with that quote, but that’s our Homer.
Speaking of number agreements, Dina Matos McGreevey, the estranged (strange) wife of former New Jersey governor and current Gay American Jim McGreevey says that her $1,129 support payment she’s getting from Jimbo isn’t enough to maintain her luxurious ex-wife of a gay governor lifestyle. Pity.
She wants a judge to increase her monthly allotment to $4,000, or in legal-speak, three money. She said that “In total, I need $11,162 per month to meet my expenses.” I realize that she is raising a 5-year-old daughter by herself, and I have no kids (and no money) but seriously, does it take $2,575 a week to maintain a house and a kid?
Maybe she figures that Jim is used to being jammed up the ass, so what’s another 4-grand? Or, perhaps once you are no longer married to the governor your lifestyle should change accordingly?
For the record, Dina earned $80,000 last year, in addition to a $275,000 book advance. Don’t spend it all in one place. Good luck, Dina. Jim’s fists aren’t the only thing that’s tight.
Or, so I hear.

4 comments:

Kate Michele said...

Ok i have two kids with medical issues and a husband and we don't even bring in $2,575 a month LET ALONE a WEEK.

She needs to wake up and smell the rest of americans... :D

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH.. I NEARLY wet myself reading THAT ONE!!! LOL LOL LOL...

Hell... her "increase" is more than I BRING HOME in a month...

I have friends-- hard working, single parents--who make UNDER 40,000 a year and although struggling CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN...

Maybe she's investing in some PLASTIC SURGERY to make those POPPY EYES go back in... oh, that was MEAN wasn't it... ;-)

kimmyk said...

i seriously should have hooked up with a gay politician in my lifetime. i mean, that's quite the lucrative career.

Anonymous said...

Amen Kimmyk.. AMEN :-)