Monday, September 10, 2007

Paunch or no paunch?

This was the first line of the article about Sunday night’s VMA’s and Britney Spears’ effort:
Out-of-synch lip-synching, lethargic moves and a paunch doomed Britney Spears' MTV opening.
I didn't watch the show [surprised?] so I can’t vouch for the out-of-synch part or the alleged lethargy, but if this qualifies as a “paunch,” then I think our standards are way out of whack over our bodies. Literally, paunch is defined as “a large, prominent belly.” You want to see a paunch? I can show you some paunches. It’s no wonder that people are so conflicted.
One local radio host called it a "muffin top", and I fully expected to see this rippling lap-over in some disgraceful display of a sloth-like lifestyle.
I'm thinking it's just a bad fashion choice.
Meanwhile, take a stroll around the local shopping plaza and spy the apparently mirror-less and equally clueless people (men and women) who have ample paunches, and picture them in the same outfit Britney wore on Sunday night. Bad fashion choices abound, and your gaze will be turned away and you'll feel like you stared at a solar eclipse.
When your vision is restored, let me know. As for Britney, she's still in the top 5 percent - big time TV shows notwithstanding.

3 comments:

Kate Michele said...

I didn't get to see it...ya know the whole gotta have cable to see it story.... BUT i heard all the comments on the radio today while taking the boys to school.

So I came right home and looked it up and I was shocked! DAMN I only look like that in my dreams!! She has two kids and her belly still looks like that! If Only I looked like that....

I would dance around in my underwear too ;)

Laura said...

i did see it. you know to me she looked like a young woman who has given birth to two kids a year apart in age.
i found her performance sad compared to the way she worked the stage in the past before federline and before kids. she wasn't ready for the big comeback.
i agree folks' view on a pearnce is way off. yes, that is sad too.

Sparky Duck said...

the outfit was a mistake, and the performance was close to terrible. I mean everyone knows this canned pop stars lip synch, but at least they try to fake it better.