Monday, April 30, 2007

Can you spare a square?

Sheryl Crow writes on her tour blog: "I propose a limitation to be put on how many squares of toilet paper can be used in any one sitting. I think we are industrious enough people to make it work with only one square per restroom visit, except, of course, on those pesky occasions where two to three could be required."

OK, Sheryl. One square? I propose you just use your hand and leave out the paper altogether. As for those "pesky situations", can you be more specific?
I don't know what kind of food you're eating, but if you can wipe up with only one square, you're doing one Hell of a job. Go ahead and use your "square", if it makes you happy.

And remind me, if I ever meet you, not to shake your hand.

9 comments:

Kate Michele said...

Hahaha!!! I heard about this....WTF is she thinking? Maybe she has really expensive TP that is SUPER absorbent and one sheet is about oh you know 10 times the size of us regular schmos' down here in the "real world" ....

Anthony said...

I know. I'm thinking, "a square" like a square of paper towels.

I can't imagine.

She had to be kidding.

Right?

kimmyk said...

nice play on the "if it makes you happy" comment. i caught that. i'm on to ya.

i've never been a fan of hers..this just is another example why.

Anthony said...

Ahh, Kimmy - you're more than a match for me. I thought about using quotation marks or italics, but...

I've always figured that she wouldn't be such a big deal if she looked like Rosie O'Donnell - which makes me wonder why Rosie is such a big deal...

Now my head hurts.

Sparky Duck said...

I believe my situation yesterday may have been one of those special situations

bananas62 said...

What???? can't she afford toilet paper she can only use 1 square at a time..or is it one of those "save the tree" things?

Ladyred said...

OH ok, I read this after the Chuck Norris post it now makes it even funnier.

Um, I would be shot if she knew how many "squares" I was tearing off the roll. Actually I got it down to three squares a day, get it>? Oh I so crack me up....

I do like Sheryl Crow, but WTF is this crap?

Pam said...

She was joking!!

Maybe she should have have used a wink ;-).

Anthony said...

Probably.

Or ... she could stick to music and let her buddy's husband do the comedy.

Her music is funnier, anyway.