Friday, May 4, 2007

More Alicia Lane's than you can shake a stick at.

Over the past two days, since posting the Alycia Lane story, this little portal has received 284 unique page hits from people seeking info on Ms. Lane. Even though most of them do not know the correct spelling of her first name, which is why I included "Alicia" in the labels - for the spelling impaired. I mention it here (again) for the expressed purpose of encouraging more page hits and imagining the frustration of demented Google searchers who fail to find the elusive photos, or this Alicia Lane who appears to be above reproach.
Alicia Lane is also a street in Florida, a poet with three names, a Principia College soccer player, an actress, a model for FHM and little Lane Alicia who turns one year old on June 16, 2007. Happy Birthday kid. Stay away from your mother's cell phone.
Seemingly, those curious souls were searching for the elusive bikini photos that she mistakenly sent to her old buddy in an effort to drum up ratings for May Sweeps. If you think there is another reason for this story being so big, you have another think coming. Ratings have been through the TV roof over the last couple of days. Why, I have no idea.
Your search will have a much greater possibility for success if you learn to spell her name. That's where I would start.

Also...

As a special service to pet lovers (like me) click this link to see even more pet foods that have been added to the already obscene number of foods that are contaminated with harmful protein. Mostly, they are canned foods that appear to be coming from various sources - mostly discount stores - and manufactured by Menu Foods. Fortunately for me, my cat does not eat any of the foods on the list, and I consider myself lucky. I'm not telling him, since he really doesn't need to know.

This story bothers me for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is the fact that I have a 16 year old cat that I love like a son, and if anything happened to him as a result of what I was feeding him - well - I'd hate to be an executive in the Menu Foods Company.

Meanwhile, I've switched him from Iams to Purina One. He seems to like it.
There is also a full story here.
And, just to prove that I haven't lost my sense of humor, here is a monkey eating a Popsicle:

1 comment:

Ladyred said...

Yea I was concerned there when I heard about the pet food epidemic. I have never used canned food....pets don't really need it unless they got some sensitive ass stomach or something, all the nutrients they can get from the dry stuff. I use, what the hell do I use? My dad has the dog and I just give him money for food, but I know it's from Purina. They do make dog food right? *smacks head -- bad mommy*