Saturday, March 24, 2007

Who's Your Pal?

Why do I have to put up with this?
It's another in a series of continuing e-mail's from various customers telling me that either I have purchased something or have added a new e-mail address to my PayPal account. Then, brainless slug [me] is supposed to click on the LOG IN button on the e-mail and type in his personal junk, so that, Viola! You are transformed into Morty Seinfeld, running around your house screaming, "My wallet's gone! My wallet's gone!"
In the words of the late-great Alice Kramden, "Every day, it's some crazy hairbrained scheme."
ALERT: TWO FICTIONAL TELEVISION CHARACTER REFERENCES IN ONE POST. YOU ARE OVER THE LIMIT.
I suppose there's some research someplace that gives the precise percentage of suckers per capita in the United States. For this kind of crap to work, it has to be at least 10%. I suppose it is based on some panic-enduced lack of common sense. People see a $700 charge to their PayPal account, and get all assed-up and start clicking on shit. Stop clicking.
Too late. Your wallet's gone.
It could also be based on some marketing research saying that the typical PayPal user is a brainless fig, who will click on anything attached to a dollar sign. Can't be talking about me.
Here's an idea: An e-mail telling me that I have won something, then when I click on it, I find that I have actually won something.
That must be against the law.
.

3 comments:

Kate Michele said...

First give away is that it says "Dear Member"! A real pay pal email always has your name on it!

A email that actually lets you win something...Hmmmm I like that Idea....

Ladyred said...

I was getting those for a long time, then I had no money in the account and they stopped. Plus I kept forwarding them to the dipshits at PayPal. NOt all of them because I just got too damn many. I just check my account once in a while to make sure what I got is still there.

BTW, love the tree.....

Sparky Duck said...

its scary when someone is spoofing the espn.com insider emails, saying my credit card is expiring. Hell they aint expiring, I just cant afford the interest rates!