Sunday, February 4, 2007

Change for the Sake of Change

Once I got started, it was all downhill. Kinda.
After writing yesterday's post, something went horribly awry. The template got all goofy on me, and the blog started to look like it took too many hits of the brown acid. I got comments from Kimmyk and kara, wondering if there was something they should know about, or some three-digit phone number they should be calling. Nope. All it would take is a little nap and some Internet balls.

Telling somebody they have a screwy template is a little like telling them they have a booger on the end of their nose. You feel like you really should tell them, but you don't want them to feel bad about the booger. In the end, it's best for everybody to get rid of the booger and carry on.

I've resisted the temptation to move the booger, having given into horror stories about lost posts and ugly incidents involving passwords and whatnot, but I figured that the Blogger Team would be there to help - even if I don't know if they really exist, although I get nice e-mail's that start with "Hi there".
Blogger ... booger ... it's a couple of vowels away from the same word.

I started to think that the all-white page minimalist concept was getting a little stale, and it seems like it's hard on the eyes. But, since I don't really read it, I'm just going on instinct. Some of the new templates are nice, and it was hard to choose, so don't be surprised if it changes again soon, and back again. If I was a girl, I'd probably have a lot of shoes.

Anyway, if you haven't changed over to the new template schemes, go ahead. I don't have any horror stories or shocking phone conversations to report. Once you change, you can goof with the colors and fonts, and it's easier to update your sidebar, since you don't have to go into the template and type all that html code. Just copy and paste. Just be sure to save your old template so you can paste in your Blog links.

C'mon ... what else were you going to do today? Watch the Super Bowl?

Sure you are.
So, let me know what you think. Text too small? Too big? Colors ... pictures ... OK, I know about the Unabomber look. Anyway, if I have a booger on my nose, I really want to know about it.

12 comments:

kimmyk said...

very nice.

change is good.

bananas62 said...

It looks very nice! But I suspect we'll see more changes sooner than later!!! Have fun!

supergirlest said...

i think it looks lovely! nice work, booger. i mean, blogger. ;)

msliberty said...

Came back this morning to see the final results...VERY NICE!!

Text size is good for me.

And I love, love, love the picture of your cat in the side bar. STUNNING!

Anthony said...

Thanks, blogger buddies.

mslib: Yes, he is stunning. Not bad for a "senior"!

Pam said...

The text size is fine and the colors are very nice. I like all the new gadgets on your sidebar too! Goes well with the melange of topics on your blog ;-).

Pam said...

Oh....I'm stealing the bush quote generator!!

Sparky Duck said...

well it is February, time for a new template. I like all the color though

Domestic Goddess said...

boogers and shoes - ain't life grand!

Kate Michele said...

Very good!! Like the word of the day thing...your blog is so educational...

The whole changing is sooo adictive...it;s a time eater

Firestarter5 said...

Unabomber? I'm thinking more Monk like.

I have no problems with the template.

Anthony said...

thanks everyone for your feedback. The template will stay -- for a while at least!

Pam: yes, it is quite a melange. I was impressed at the celerity with which you commented.

kate: I like the word of the day, too. Saves me money on the desktop calendar.

DG: Life can indeed be grand.

FS5: I was thinking monk too. Don't know where that whole Unabomber deal came from. I'm a lover, not a bomber.