Friday, February 16, 2007

What's on My Mind?

I'm glad you asked.

I believe that, in a few short years, Sandra Bullock will have won a "Best Actress" Academy Award and will be an established star in Hollywood.
I also think that the cellular phone is a fad and will soon be replaced by cups and string.

We did a lot of work today. We chased the American Greetings people off of their own web site and later, they abandoned the video version of that stupid card from its spot on YouTube. Myself and others received page hits from their headquarters in Cleveland and e-mail from their PR people who tried to spin the card as some sort of comic satire. Once it was discovered that a video version was posted on YouTube by "blmountain" (clever) some noise erupted and it disappeared, like the Monster from the Tar Pits. Nice going.

A doctor removed two moles from President Bush's face on Friday. They were expected to be benign. If they're looking for a malignancy, they should check the Vice President's office.

I got an offer in the mail from Comcast today, promising me that I could have a digital cable upgrade for the same price as my analog for a year, with HBO and Starz included. Right. And my name is Albert Einstein. Testing, one - two...
I tried holding the letter up to a black light to see if there was anything written in yellow ink. Nothing. Then, I waved it over a candle to see if it would spontaneously burst into flame like magician's paper. Nope. I haven't called yet, but I figure that the phone will just ring ... and ring .... and ring.........

NBA star Jason Kidd's estranged wife has charged that he physically abused her and cheated on her throughout their 10-year marriage. Kidd's lawyer said that "the bizarre allegations will be proven false." That's true. The bizarre ones are false. The believable ones however, are true, and that's a bigger problem for him.

Speaking of basketball, there's a so-called "All-Star Celebrity Game" this weekend at the real NBA All-Star Game in Las Vegas. I say so-called celebrity because ... well ... dig the names on the list:
MICHAEL CLARKE DUNCAN, KEVIN FRAZIER, DONALD FAISON, TAYE DIGGS, CARROT TOP, JAMES DENTON, BOW WOW, TONY POTTS and NICK CANNON

I guess celebrity ain't what it used to be. I can tell you right off the bat that they're giving up a significant height advantage with Bow Wow. And, I have no idea who Tony Potts is, but I want to buy his name. In this area of the country, a name like Tony Potts is huge. Tony Potts, Joey Bones, Jimmy Knees ...
Actually, I have no idea who most of those "celebrities" are, and I hope that isn't the best they could do, since ... well ...
...the game is in friggin' LAS VEGAS!

No celebrities there, I guess.

Photo credit (for Sue): An artwork is displayed at Madrid's international contemporary art fair ARCO February 14, 2007.

2 comments:

Pam said...

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!

Never heard of ANY of those "celebrities" except for Carrot Top.

Me said...

I re-read the list again.
OK, Carrot Top I know.
And didn't Taye Diggs help that woman get her groove back?
Or something like that?
Sheesh.