Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Here Comes Mr. Sunshine!

As I write, my car windshield is icing over with layer upon layer of freezing rain that will require me to get up a half hour early Wednesday morning to begin the scraping process and slide to work.
On my way home tonight, a favorite long-sleeve t-shirt was dangling one sleeve out the passenger side door, and when I got home, the sleeve was black with road junk and ruined beyond repair.

My driver-side windshield wiper is leaving a streak about an inch wide that travels at the exact level of my eyes as they watch the road.
When I got home, I poured out a nice bowl of Vanilla Yogurt Cheerios and discovered that I had about 2 ounces of soy milk left in the refrigerator. Turns out that you can eat Cheerios semi-dry.

But, it could be worse.
Couldn't it?

8 comments:

kimmyk said...

Yeah, your ex wife coulda been sitting across the table from you while you were eating that half soaked bowl of cheerios.

kimmyk said...

Yeah, it coulda been your cat hanging out the side of the car dragging the ground getting all covered with road junk and ruined beyond repair.

kimmyk said...

I could go on, I'll stop...for now.

Anthony said...

Thanks Kimmyk. I was gonna change the "smart-ass remarks" tag, but I think I'll leave it for another day. :-)

supergirlest said...

kimmyk! LOL!!!

she trumped whatever i'll say. but BUMMER about it all! did you resort to watering down your soy milk?

we got a bit o that weather ourselves - ice ice then snow! be careful out there tomorrow!

Firestarter5 said...

I think windshield washer fluid is nothing more than cat piss, because even though mine says it's good till -45 degrees, my wipers blades just collect gigantic chunks of ice. Washer fluid does nothing. I might as well get out and spit on the windshield.

Pam said...

Kimmy!! Bwahaha!!

I was just going to say, you could be in Iraq. That's not really funny though :(.

Me said...

Ditto on Pam's musings.