Thursday, November 2, 2006

Thursday Thirteen v.8

Thirteen Reasons I Almost Didn't Do a Thursday Thirteen This Week
Subtitle: Thirteen Lame-Assed Excuses

1. Daylight Savings Time ended, and I've been slowly adjusting. It's dark all the time.

2
. My Helper Monkeys walked out. I've been buying those green bananas again. The last time they threw crap on me, so I guess I'm lucky they walked out.

3. Hallowe'en. I'm logy from eating too many Skittles. I'm peeing a rainbow.

4. I'm still goofing with my new toy. So far, I've found the "on" button and have also been able to find my ass with both hands.

5. I'm working on the Friday Five. It's 62% less work. I'd be done by now.

6. Sex sex sex. Thinking about it takes up a lot of time. Apparently, the whole "hump day" thing is just an expression.

7. I got mezmerized by this site and wasted a lot of time.

8. I made the mistake of out-sourcing the job to India and had to have the whole thing translated from Hindi.
Gurūvāra Tēraha.

9. Trans fat. The damned trans fat.

10. I got all drunked-up celebrating World Vegan Day. Who knew vodka is made from potatoes?

11. There was a big spider near my keyboard. I ran. Lousy monkeys.

12. Bush said that he wants Rumsfeld and Cheney to stay until the end of his term. I was up all night alternately screaming and crying.

13. I just noticed the little arrow in the FedEx logo and couldn't stop staring at it.

23 comments:

Tug said...

Wow...I might have to use some of these!!

Colleen said...

I am suprised that as a man you get over number 6 to get anything done at all! haha. kidding. happy tt!

Meira{FB} said...

LOL!

Happy TT!

Diana Peterfreund said...

LOL! Great list! I'm afraid sometimes of making a list of what all distracts me. Too embarrassing!

Girlie said...

I completely forgot about DST! Thansk for atomic clock, not so good for my non-atomic alarm!

Bubba said...

I completely forgot about sex...until you reminded me.

Guess I won't be blogging anymore this week...Happy TT!

Kate Michele said...

Ok it took me awhile but i finally saw the arrow and now I can't not see it!!

As for #6, I'd watch surfing blogs today....there are still HNTers out there!!! So if you were thinking of surfing blogs as a distraction, watch out!!

Unknown said...

This blog always entertains me..Cool toy by the way


Mine is up! Please stop by www.thechristopherfamily.blogspot.com to vote for our daughters name!!!

Carmen said...

damn those worker monkies! they really make more of a mess than they're worth. ;)

Slackermommy said...

You crack me up!

DigiscrapMom said...

#3 mad me laugh! I wonder how it looks like! LOL!

I'm just glad you're able to publish your list this week :)

happy Thursday!

CJ said...

I'm glad you sucked it up and posted. No more whining allowed! I posted slogans, how many can you name??

Geggie said...

I'm so lucky here in Arizona, we don't have daylight savings time. So I don't get screwed up by that!

Laura said...

thanks foir starting my day with laughs.
my tt list is up.
have a great day and back off the skittles man. :)

Domestic Goddess said...

so many things to comment on, where to start.

Excellent list.

bananas62 said...

#6 Got my attention!!!!

And you need to get riper bananas for the monkey helpers.. Green one give them a tummy ache!!!

I'm finally up it seemed to take me forever today!

Sparky Duck said...

I love the new toy! I wanna be a guinea pig.

Is it scary I knew Vodka was made from potatoes.

When it comes to the Shrub, I scream everyday, so I couldnt use that as an excuse.

N. Mallory said...

#8 & #12 cracked me up...except that #12 makes me cry too.

Candy Minx said...

I am now officially looking forward to Thursdays to read your TT lists Anthony.

You are so funny and charming!

Your cat is so handsome he is a real show off in the grass.

Here is mine:

http://gnosticminx.blogspot.com/2006/11/thirteen-favourite-words.html

Anna Mary said...

Hahah great list! I woke up this morning and got excited cause I thought TT was tomorrow! haha Must be one of those weeks.

Lori's Light Extemporanea said...

Works for me...your cat is gorgeous. I love our black cat.

T said...

LOL! I don't even know where to start... and has that FedEx arrow ALWAYS been there? sheesh.

http://fiberbabble.blogspot.com/2006/11/thursday-thirteen_01.html

Susan said...

damn that trans fat! :) mine's up. happy TT everyone!