Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Hallowe'en, Kitty

I got my new Dell Axim today, so I'm a little distracted. So, here's a look at a sweet black cat for the "holiday". He's been with me for over 16 years, which makes him a "senior" by cat standards. Black cats are supposed to be bad luck. It's a ridiculous notion, since this one is the best thing that ever happened to me.

And imagine, in 1990 he cost me a mere $29 at the local animal shelter. At the rate of return vs. cost (a concept that accountants are supposed to understand) this one was way undervalued. I figure that I owe the shelter about a million dollars by now. He's a beautiful boy, and I hope he's around for a few more Hallowe'en's - scaring kids, birds, squirrels and keeping me from thinking that nothing good happens to people.


Sometimes it's something as simple as an animal that makes us believe in goodness. What puzzles me is how I raised him to be such a good cat. Maybe it's him or maybe it's me - or maybe it's a little of both. Whatever it is, today may as well be Thanksgiving.
A little sappy today ... sorry.


Now, Cheryl is getting ready to dance, and I have a huge instruction manual to read. Happy Hallowe'en, Blogger buddies!

5 comments:

Pam said...

That's one beautiful cat, Anthony.

Have fun with your new toy!

Kate Michele said...

I LOVE cats!! Infact when I'm in the house I'm getting mine back!!! My sister has has her due to a move we made a few years ago ans the new land lord wouldn't allow cats...but she's commin home!!

You cat is so cute...I love his grey hairs he has.....senior that he is. Tell him it makes him look distingused.

I saw your precious Cheryl dance tonight....yes yes I watched tv tonight!! She was ehh...OK if ya like that type!!

Anthony said...

Cheryl - "ehh"?
OK, now I know you're joking.
How about that house of hers? Geez ... who knew dancing could do so much?

And yes, the cat has evolved into his senior years as a distinguished old-timer. But I don't dare tell him. He's a little too uppity as it is. :)

supergirlest said...

oh, my - what a handsome gato! i love his eyes! viva la kitty, indeed!

you have that new toy o' yours figured all out yet?

Sparky Duck said...

he is a gorgeous cat.

I say that everyday, I think Miss Kittie raised me and not the other way around.