Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sunday things and stuff.

A visit to the A & W web site revealed that they do indeed have burgers and all sorts of food other than the hot dog. Who'd a thunk? Maybe the next time I'm at the food court I might have to try a Papa Burger.
While listening to the radio this morning, I heard an ad for priests. Yep, a radio ad for people to think about giving the priesthood a shot. Right after the ad for truck drivers and before the one for the strip club.
The ad featured current priests telling us that they found their life's calling by becoming a priest. That's nice, but I'd like to think that a career as a priest would come as some sort of revelation divined by a spiritual force - not an ad on the radio. Doesn't the Army advertise the same way?
For the record, the new mattress is an absolute dream. It was more money than I wanted to spend, but in the end, it was worth every penny. There's nothing like a good night's sleep, and I had been on that old lumpy thing for so long I forgot how nice a good one felt. If you're on a mattress that is more than 10 years old, trust me, go out and find one of these pillow top deals and thank me later. Waking up without back and neck pain and feeling rested is worth every nickel you'll spend.
The San Diego Chargers gave the Patriots a run for their money today, but ultimately the power always wins, and in this case, the power is the big team from New England. Now, at 6pm, it boils down to the stinking Packers and the stinking Giants as to who will contest the Patriots in the so-called Super Bowl.
When does baseball season start?

7 comments:

annabkrr said...

I don't watch pro football and I can't stand the Pats because I hate Brady. I think we have a bit to wait for the first pitch to be thrown.

kimmyk said...

chicken sammiches too huh? wow.
i have this little tiny mug i've had since i was a kid in my china cabinet that my mom got for us one time. i'll have to ask her the story cause i was just a kid.

so yeah as the game is in overtime at the moment jamie is screaming like raving loon at the tv in the basement. giants are his team. whatever. [guess they won he just said?!?]

glad you're getting good sleep. i think i would get good sleep if:
1) jamie would sleep in a different room as he snores to holy hell and back. i'm good if i can get to sleep before him but i toss and turn and he's a rock so....

and

2) if my dogs didn't sleep with me. i sleep on my side and maggie lays right behind my legs and adam in front of my chest/stomach. i can't move.

but they keep me warm and that's good cause jamie kicks the blankets off every damn night.

it's a wonder he lives to see the morning really.

kimmyk said...

oops. i said adam. ha! i meant dan.

adam's too big to be sleepin with his momma, although if he wanted to omg, i would sooo let him snuggle up.

Anthony said...

anna: So, who's your baseball team? The Braves, I'm thinking.

Kimmy: Yeah, the stinking fraud Giants won. Now I'll have to figure out what to do for Super Bowl Sunday.

Now, let's sit back and see if the A & W people hit up the blog.

Ladyred said...

I am working on G-man now on getting a new mattress. It's a delicate procedure. He grew up "poor" so he thinks he needs to hold onto everything, I mean E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G. He's not rich, but he's also not poor now. I'm not trying to change HIM but if he can let go of a lot of the 15-year-old-dust-covered things maybe I will feel like I live there. I already broke the sink (long story but it wasn't my fault) so he had to get a new one in the bathroom. Now I'm working on the bed. A lot of the things he has are his father's. His father's been dead for a few years and G-man doesn't even know what half the shit is in his house. He had a waterbed frame (tells ya how old THAT bed is!) but the mattress.....God knows how old it is. It's too hard for me so I'm trying to adjust. But I'm workin on getting him to get a new one. I'm trying to work on the bed bug angle (I haven't seen or felt any but ya never know....)

Kate Michele said...

Heres where my warped mind goes..theres a joke to be had here in this line:

"and I had been on that old lumpy thing for so long I forgot how nice a good one felt. "

:D

Sparky Duck said...

I heard the Priests ad too and almost drove off of Pine Rd in shock