Thursday, January 24, 2008

Live nude girls!

That should be good for the Google searchers.
I see that my pals at the Whole Foods Market have shunned the whole plastic shopping bag deal in favor of the canvas ones. It's about time. Last night, I picked up three more at the local Shop Rite, and damned if the kid cashier didn't try to put my stuff in one of those plastic things. I suppose it's some sort of "learned" response, but I'm thinking that the higher-up's at our local supermarkets need to start training the cashiers in the beauty of the re-usable bag.
It's a minor struggle to take them into the market. First, they want to know if they're mine or if I'm buying them. What's the point of selling them in the store if it's only going to make the employees think you're stealing them? Second, it's another minor struggle to get the groceries on the conveyor and throw the canvas bags at the bagger at the end of the line before they can start with the crinkly plastic. "No-no, here use these! I paid for them - really!"

On my way to work today, I got behind three different vehicles who insisted on stopping short. They don't make their way to the stop line at the traffic light. They leave a car-length between themselves and the big white line. I suppose at some point they were clipped by a left-turner and got spooked. Later, the highway was mobbed with the slow-mergers. The people who stagger down the on-ramp and merge in at 50, while the rest of the world is doing 65. I'm thinking I should introduce them to the grocery baggers and have some sort of memory-erasing intervention.
I'm starting to get the hang of this new digital Nikon camera I bought last week. Immediately after I bought it, the weather turned un-Godly cold, which made me appreciate the new mattress I bought, so it ain't a total loss. I'm planning to get out in public with it this weekend, and at this stage, I'm working up a name for the blog on which I'll publish the photos. Meanwhile, here's a cyanotype of the cat to calm your nerves. He's a beautiful boy.

8 comments:

rattln along said...

nice picture. I like the blue tint to it. How's your baby doing lately?

Anthony said...

He's doing great. I have to take him in for follow-up bloodwork sometime during the next couple of weeks. The last one showed better numbers than the previous, so I'm expecting to have him around for a while longer.

annabkrr said...

Your kitty is so sweet.

So where'd you put the live naked chicks?

kimmyk said...

i dont see no live naked girls.
i googled live nude girls and here i am..and what do i get? a picture of your p**sy.

ack!

okay so...i love whole foods but they're so damn pricy! but they have great fruit. gah. i could spend hours in there just walking up and down their aisles. love that place hate the prices though. i mean, paying 78 cents a pound for bananas that i can pay 49 cents a pound for at krogers is crazy. but still...great stuff.

Handsome B. Wonderful said...

The people who stagger down the on-ramp and merge in at 50, while the rest of the world is doing 65.

Ohhhh I sooooo know your frustration here. I also hate the people who camp out in the fast lane even when they can find a spot to move over into.

Hanging out in the fast lane is now illegal in our state but that doesn't stop those fast lane campers who are trying to prove something. Or whatever.

I hate being in the fast lane when people are behind me. It's so stressful so I try to move over as soon as I can when I'm passing.

Another one I hate is not using the turn signal!!

rattln along said...

In my state the fast lane campers can be shot! (not really, but here's hoping!)

Firestarter5 said...

I could tell you horror stories of driving on the highway. My car NEEDS to be equipped with massive machine guns.

bananas62 said...

Enjoy the Camera! I love mine! I bought my Nikon 2 years ago and totally worth the investment! The cat is beautiful, btw!!