Sunday, January 20, 2008

You can observe a lot just by watching.

Overheard at the Deptford Mall food court on Saturday night. A father and his two sons, ages 7 and 9 (probably). The father had gone to fetch dinner for himself and the kids:
KID: You got me a hot dog. I didn't ask for a hot dog.
FATHER: You said you wanted A & W.
KID: But I don't like hot dogs.
FATHER: Too bad. That's what you got.
KID: But that's my opinion!
FATHER: My opinion is that you're going to eat it.
I'm thinking, "Dude, you're losing an argument with a child."
Meanwhile, the wife had gone off someplace in search of her own food. Obviously smarter than the husband. The husband starts wandering the food court aimlessly looking for her, cell phone in hand.
FATHER: Didn't you get my message?
WIFE: No.
The guy had called her on her cell phone to try to figure out where she was. In a food court in a mall. I'm trying to figure out how these phone companies lose money.
Life in modern America.

6 comments:

Sparky Duck said...

wow who knew A & W had more then hot dogs

kimmyk said...

that's what i was thinkin sparky. i thought that's all they had was hot dogs and rootbeer. who knew...?

i wouldn't answer my phone either if i were the wife. i'd hide as long as i could in jcpenney lookin at sheets if i had to.

going to the mall with men/boys is so draining. they just want to eat and go to the gadget stores.

what'd you eat?

Firestarter5 said...

A & W has the burger selection for gawd sakes. Mama Burger. Papa Burger. Teen Burger. Sometimes I think America is on a different planet altogether.

Anthony said...

kimmy: I had chicken and rice from a place called Bourbon Street run by Chinese people. I think I am on a different planet.

kimmyk said...

oh don't feel bad anthony-we have a place like that with their bourbon chicken it's not bad but yeah, totally chinese restaurant. lol. i usually love going to the mall cause all the peeps standing around with their trays of free food...love those.

bugers at a&w huh firestarter5? didn't know that. but i dont eat there so...the very thought of shoving a coney dog or something down my throat has never much appealed to me so i never go there. *shrugs* and besides how do you know?

Anthony said...

It's probably the best place in the food court. Chicken and 2 veggies and a drink for $6.50. Too much food, really. I make a special trip to go there and hang around listening to the crowd.