Thursday, May 17, 2007

Qué está en la cabeza, rociado fuera en su monitor de computadora.

Sodio Totales. That’s going to be my stage name if I ever become famous or enter the witness protection program. It’s probably good enough to get me on Telemundo, where there are plenty of hot Latino babes who won’t care that I am named after a datos nutricionales.
In total disregard for my recent history of picking bad Phillies games to attend, Wednesday night's pitching clinic by Cole Hamels was a gem to behold. He struck out the first 4 batters he faced, and we knew it was going to be a special night - but not that special.
He carried a perfect game into the seventh inning, when he walked Ricky Weeks to break up his Perfecto, and the next batter, J.J. Hardy, hit a home run and the no-hitter bid went by the wayside. What survived was a great performance by Hamels, the brightest young pitching star this team has had in a long time, and a 6-2 Phillies win.
Muy bueno, Cole.
We stood through a rain delay of over an hour after driving there in some sort of Monsoon for the sole purpose of procuring the evening's giveaway item - the Ryan Howard Bobblehead. I was surprised at the number of people who did the same thing, and I'll be sure to check Ebay on Thursday to see how many of them land there. Mine will land on my desk at work, replacing (temporarily) the LaDainian Tomlinson action figure.
The Class dismissed? Today is cutdown day for CBS, and my favorite network program is gone. On the bright side, I just found an extra half hour of evening free time for blogging. You lucky people. I am learning to live with disappointment.
David Keith, who played ex-Eagle Yonk Allen was hedging his bets in March when he said, "I've kind of learned not to have faith in the corporate system in the United States. I could spend the rest of my career doing this show. That's how much I love it."
It looks like he has more free time, too.
A couple of days ago, I wrote about the Japanese baby drop box. Well, it didn't take long for that ill-conceived idea to go straight to the shithouse...
TOKYO - Japan's first anonymous drop box for unwanted babies triggered a wave of anger and soul searching Wednesday after it was discovered that a preschooler (believed to be three years old) — and not an infant — was left by his father on the service's first day. "We must rethink the meaning of the baby drop-off," the conservative Sankei newspaper said in an editorial. It called the boy's abandonment "unforgivable," saying that "unlike a baby, a toddler may suffer from trauma."
Yes, let's re-think that. What exactly do baby and drop-off mean when used together? Could it be a place where babies are dropped off? How about an adult drop box where these deadbeat losers can be placed in a container for a while? There's a thought.
Las personas están no condenado bueno.
Sodio Totales saying, "Así que largo para ahora."
I gotta go pee.

5 comments:

Renee Nefe said...

And a baby isn't going to feel the trama of being dropped off in a box like someone would do an unwanted animal? (which I don't find any better...animals have rights too.) Abandoned babies do eventually find out the circumstances of their adoption, folks and it hurts just as much to find out as an adult.
However, I do think that if a child is unwanted it is much better to have them adopted than being raised by parent(s) who don't want them &/or can't provide for them.

I don't have a problem with folks knowing I spend way too much time on the computer blogging. Those who know me, love me anyway and those who don't know me, I don't care about much anyway.

kimmyk said...

You've been peeing alot lately. You might wanna get that checked out.

Like I don't know what you said with regard to all that 'Spanglish' but in my head I heard Antonio Banderas and he's smokin' sexy hot. *wigglin eyebrows at you*

Anthony said...

Las personas están no condenado bueno.
People are no damned good.

Sodio Totales saying, "Así que largo para ahora."
"So long for now."

The title is the subtitle of the blog - espanol.

I'm thinking that pee deal could be my Paul Harvey sign off if I ever get one of those cushy radio gigs. Much cooler than "good day".

Ladyred said...

I like that sign off......

AN LT action figure? Sweet!

Sparky Duck said...

Im just thrilled you got to see Cole and how spot on I was at predicting how this post would be :)