Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Four hours of my life I will never get back.

Too tired to go to the gym, so I decided to sit and relax in front of my friend, the TV. These were my choices tonight:
Nancy Grace debating for the one-millionth time, the controversy over the fate of Anna Nicole's baby. Holy crap, Nancy. Open a newspaper and find something else to talk about, will ya? Please.
Dancing with the Stars, which, in spite of the dearth of stars, continues with the dancing. Even Cheryl Burke wasn't enough to keep me tuned in. Seemingly, for three hours it went on - some "results show" or something. "Results" of what, I have no idea. Boring.
On several channels, the ongoing nonsense over some stupid remarks made by a radio host who long ago was irrelevant, and only now has found a voice, common sense notwithstanding. Anus, I think his name is. Meanwhile, the piling on continues, with bystanders becoming interested parties. Include me out.
Jim Cramer screaming about Charter Communications, and telling his viewers that if they bid this stock up to three dollars, he "would never forgive you". Before he was through with his diatribe, the stock was trading at $3.02. C'mon, Jim. Your stupid viewers bid up every piece of crap you talk up, did you expect any different with this one? The power of TV.
Something on Fox called American Idol. I have no idea. I still haven't seen it.
Glenn Beck, professional jackass, interviewing himself (that's right) over the stupid remarks issue. Jesus H. Christ, the people they give TV shows to. I have no idea.
Common sense told me to stay away from O'Reilly and Paula Zahn, since I was already irritated.
Over on TBS, there's the Braves and Nationals playing baseball, but I dislike the Braves commentators so, that it made a great pitching performance by Tim Hudson almost unwatchable. Cy Young award this year for Hudson.
What to do?
I downloaded another Umphrey's McGee album, Anchor Drops, and restored my faith in all that is good in the world. Music and good taste.
I think I'm on to something with these guys. So much so, that I'm considering driving to D.C. on Saturday to see them in the craphole that is the 9:30 Club. Ya gotta really like a band to go there, but that's where the band is.
Doors open at 5:30.
.

2 comments:

Sparky Duck said...

Man, you really need to get your hands on a TiVo. And maybe stop watching Nancy Grace and Glen Beck. Thats too painful.

what Jim Cramer comes off as a flim flam artist? no way

Carmen said...

never made it to the 9:30 club when I lived there, WAY smokey. Have fun.