Friday, April 13, 2007

My cat's feet smell like cat litter.

Ladyred said...
Wow, I like looking at your stat counter ...
Me too.
It isn't often that dirty pictures are associated with Disney, but I haven't been blogging all that long, so I suppose it was coming. Note to Google searchers: Use quotation marks and learn to spell. But hey, thanks for reading!

NOT FOR NOTHIN’, BUT:
EzCorp announced that it has entered into an agreement to acquire the assets of the 15 Colorado pawnshops operated by Pawn One, under the trade name Jumping Jack Cash.
First, I always figured pawnshops were a creation of fiction, since I’ve never actually seen one. I’ve never been to Colorado, either, although I’m pretty sure it exists. It’s where they make beer and John Denver records.

1 Imus ... to Go.
Meanwhile, the Don Imus controversy has taken on its own life. To me, Nappy-Headed Ho’s sounds more like the name of a snack cake than a racial slur. Chocolate cake with a white cream filling, sprinkled with coconut. They would taste great, but you couldn’t sell them.
While we’re at it, the fact that MSNBC cancelled the show probably doesn’t have as much to do with what he said as it does that big advertisers like Procter & Gamble pulled their advertising. After all, who gives a crap that a women’s basketball team is offended when there’s money to be lost? This is America, after all. If he still had ad revenue coming in, his hand would have been slapped and he would be back on the air. So, we can insult entire groups of people as long as someone will pay for it. When they stop, you have to stop. Is that the message? I'm confused, because I've heard far worse things on several occasions coming from others who are still gainfully employed.
I remember listening to his stupid 1200 Hamburgers album in 1972. I didn't think he was funny then, and I don't think he's funny now. CBS did us a favor by taking him off the air. I'm not sure it was for the right reason, but enough is enough.
What bothers me is the idea that we have become so Politically Correct in this country that stuff that passed as humor twenty years ago is now punishable by firing. Aren't rap records saying far worse things about blacks than anything that comes out of Imus' humorless brain? Ann Counter uses words like "faggot" and marches on. When is her next book coming out? If you fire Imus you should fire them all.

Meanwhile, the Rutgers basketball team is playing this to the hilt. Their coach appeared on the Oprah show, telling people that Imus stole their chance at glory. Sheesh. Get a grip. One stupid white person cannot steal anyone's dream. They have moved from the ranks of the offended to the cast of My Favorite Martyr. My question is, how long is this going to last? It has already gotten way too much attention, and if we have to hear about it as long as we have been subjected to the Anna Nicole baby story, I don't think there is enough Umphrey's McGee music to download to keep me occupied.
Speaking of which ...

EMI's Chief Executive Eric Nicoli told reporters earlier this month he was working on a deal to put The Beatles’ music online but refused to give a time frame.
"It seems like it is heading in that direction," Jupiter analyst Mark Mulligan told Reuters of the Beatles catalogue. "The conversation has changed from an 'if' to a 'when'. "The Beatles are a perennial (favorite). You can put the content out there and it will sell. If they put the Beatles catalogue online you will very likely see them having number ones again."


Ya think? Number one? That doesn't say much for the state of current music if 40-year old music can out-sell new music. I can’t think of anyone who doesn’t either already have the CDs or, if they don’t have them it’s because they don’t want them. Of course, you can put it out and it will sell.
I like the parenthesis in his quote. That means that he didn’t say “favorite,” but the writer put it in. So, what did he say? Why wouldn’t they just print what he said?
I’m not sure, does Michael Jackson still own the publishing rights to the Lennon/McCartney stuff or did he sell it?
I sure ask a lot of questions for someone from New Jersey.
.

1 comment:

Ladyred said...

that Disney search cracks me UP! I keep getting people looking up "butt cramps" and hitting my blog for some reason. I guess I wrote about them but who knows! I don't get many hits, but that's ok, as in this real life of mine, I don't have many friends, but having a few long term readers is much better than having so many occasional ones.....i guess if i put more *whispers* dirty words *unwhisper* on my blog i'd probably get more hits....but I really don't care or I'd have done it already I suppose.

as for Imus....as I see it, he said it, no matter what he says or does can't take it back, and it seems everyone ELSE seems to keep harping on it. Granted, I don't think it's right, but damn it's OVER. Maybe I'm immune to all this crap...or maybe I could care less if someone called me names, whether publicly or privately, because well I know who I am. Call me trailer trash....a nappy headed ho.....or even a biotch, see? I don't care. Oh yea, that's cause I'm calling myself that.

How's the taxes coming?

I think I'm going to keep waiting...Procrastinators: Leaders of Tomorrow. That's ME!