Saturday, January 20, 2007

Cooped Up

Outside, the wind sounds like Superman taking off in the old TV show. Whistling and howling. 25 miles per hour, with gusts to 40. At least I'm not in Texas.

I spent some time on the Internet, over at Ticketbastard, and picked up a ticket to see Blue Man Group, coming to the Taj Mahal (no, not that one) in Atlantic City in March. More fun awaits.

Then, speaking of fun, I switched on the TV, and there's C-Span, my favorite reality show channel. There was a live feed from Wichita, Kansas and former Miss America 2001 Angela Perez Baraquio of Hawaii was introducing Sam Brownback, as he formally declared his run for the 2008 presidency. I'm not sure what Miss Hawaii has to do with a Senator from Kansas. Maybe Tara Dawn Holland is either a Democrat or too smart to get involved, but I'm not sure why he's running to begin with, so I'm at a loss. I decided to watch Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe. If I'm gonna feel dirty watching something on TV, it may as well be real dirt.

I was further thrown when I heard Brownback say that "my policies are at the heart of the Republican party." Geez, I don't even think the Republicans like hearing that.
As if Republicans had a heart to begin with. Sorry ... I should have left that for the Old Broad or Pam to say, but I couldn't resist.

I gotta get out of the house.

8 comments:

Anthony said...

Woo Hoo!

Five thousand bucks for a so so easy visit?

In your face, losers!

supergirlest said...

ooooooooo - i can't WAIT to see what pam has to say to you about BROWNBACK!!!!

weather is getting all sortsa snowy here too again. i just saw that somewhere in nh was getting 110 mph winds?!?!

by the way, i like your new monk look. veeeery zen. ;)

Pam said...

The snow is coming down pretty hard here right now. My daughters are VERY excited. I see sledding in the near future. *sigh*

Brownback is more conservative than Dubya. Maybe even more conservative than Santorum. No chance in hell. (of course i have been wrong before).

Oh, and there's plenty of Repub and Brownback bashing to go around! PLENTY left for us old broads ;-).

bananas62 said...

I'm a little jealous you guys, it was bright and sunny here in Cali today! Hell, we can't even get rain right now! :-(

Anthony said...

Supergirl: Thanks. I'm nothing if not zen. The 110 mph winds in NH are probably at Mt. Washington.

Pam: Brownback said that he's been the underdog before, and he'll likely be one again. That was before he said what he said about being at the "heart" of the party. Delusional, I'm guessing. Does he have a history of alcoholism?

bananas: Thanks for rubbing it in. :) Be careful what you wish for...

Sparky Duck said...

damn straight its Ticketbastard

Me said...

OK, first of all, I am totally IMPRESSED that someone can create THIS MANY LINKS in ONE post. I try to do more than 3, something is gonna get messed up. But I clicked on EACH one. First off, I was kinda creeped out by watching Superman pimp Frosted Flakes.
And George Strait is STILL ALIVE? MYGOD, he must be really, really old by now. (Don't do country). But I am jealous that you are going to see Blue Man Group.
Brownback. Ah, yes. My dream repuke ticket would be Brownback/Perry (TX gov), as I do believe we could NEUTER them WITHOUT sedatives. Perry is making noise he wants to be VP candidate, and I'm like "Oh, please, do it."
And no, repukes don't have hearts. And they SURE AS HELL don't have souls. Those they sold a LONG TIME AGO!

Anthony said...

Thanks OB. One of my goals was to do a post where every word had a link, but I didn't think my readers had the stamina ... Nor did I.