Thursday, January 18, 2007

Another Inconvenient Truth

Woodlyn, Pennslyvania - A Delaware County family narrowly avoided injury after a chunk of ice came crashing through their home Wednesday evening. The incident happened shortly after 8:00 p.m. in the 1300 block of Donna Drive in Woodlyn, PA.

Ed and Penny Myers said they were getting their 4-year-old daughter ready for bed when the icy object tore a 3-foot hole through the roof. "There was this explosion in the room. At first I thought it was the TV shattering and glass, then I looked up and saw the hole in the ceiling and I was afraid the whole ceiling was going to collapse," said Penny.

Wow, this global warming business is really getting out of hand. As if it wasn't bad enough that the Arctic Circle was melting, now we have to keep your eyes on the skies, too. Holy shit, Hannah. Chunks of iceberg are flying around. Watch the kids.

5 comments:

bananas62 said...

first of all I have to ask, Is that your gansta mug shot? or are your really preparing for the flying icebergs?

second of all... where do you come up with some of this stuff??? It's never boring!!!

Anthony said...

I was thinking it was a pair of sunglasses short of the Unibomber, but gangsta works, too.

Yes, I'm awaiting the flying icebergs - right after the killer comet and the earthquake. I'm on the second floor, so I have to be prepared.

I'm not entirely sure where it comes from, (left side or right side) but I'm glad it's entertaining.

Pam said...

These falling pieces of iceberg really need to focus on the homes of Hummer and SUV drivers. Not us good GW fearing people who use energy saving lightbulbs (not purchased at walmart).

(Your new photo scared me just a little. ;-))

Kate Michele said...

Man now I have to worry about flying icebergs!!! Thanks man!!

I like the photo!!

kimmyk said...

How crazy is that??!! How do you repair a roof like that in the middle of the night? Does state farm come out at night? probably not.

nice gangsta photo. now let me hear you rap.