Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Our Decider in Chief

President Bush steps from Air Force One after landing Tuesday, Dec. 26, 2006, in Waco, Texas. The president will spend the week at his nearby ranch in Crawford.

See, I told ya. He can walk, carry something and salute at the same time. Practice makes perfect.
That's George, carrying his chief advisor on Iraq. Once Barney gets some treats and has his afternoon nap, it's a full day for George at the ranch. I'm guessing that the dog spends most of his day saying, "Huh?" Then, he licks his balls and kisses George on the mouth. Fun at the ranch.

CRAWFORD, Texas - President Bush went to his ranch Tuesday to rethink U.S. involvement in Iraq as his spokesman hailed a Baghdad court's decision upholding the death sentence for former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein.

God forbid he does any thinking in Washington. I suppose that would go against the District's charter. Who wants to bet that he comes out of his self-imposed bunker to announce that we're "staying the course", and that we have to be determined in our efforts against the evil-doers. No, I'm not a speechwriter.

AS FOR THE BUSH FAMILY CHRISTMAS:

The president spent the Christmas holiday with his family at the Camp David presidential retreat in Maryland. Mrs. Bush gave the president a new blue suit, biking shoes and country singer Sam Moore's CD titled "Overnight Sensational." He gave her amber-colored citrine earrings to match the triple-strand citrine necklace he gave her for her birthday.

A new blue suit? What's that, like a hundred now? Good call, Laura. And, I've seen the president on a bike. She should have increased his health insurance and bought him a harder helmet. And, what do you get the woman who has everything? Citrine. I guess it beats the crap out of pearls.
Then, for people who have nothing, they gave ... well ...

As part of a family gift name drawing, the Bushes donated mosquito nets in the name of former President George H.W. Bush through Malarianomore.org, a mission set up to urge individuals, organizations and institutions to protect families from malaria.

Say it with netting.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You beat me to it. This is EXACTLY what I was gonna blog about tomorrow. May anyway. It just pisses me off that a) Dubya is in Texas, and b) WFT is the mosquito nets thing? Surely NOT for those STILL living in temp shelters in the entire region ravaged by Katrina. 'Cause you know, they got big mosquitoes on the coast. Oh wait, the donation is for OTHER countries. OK, I get it now.

Pam said...

755 more days....755 more days.

GOD that's a LONG time!!

I'm going to go visit Hill's "gift" now and less loose some pent up aggression.

Sparky Duck said...

well, I can officially cross citrine off the wifes gift idea list now.

And is it me, or does anyone else feel sorry for Barney?

Tom Bailey said...

I actually like Laura more than George. She seems like a very classy lady. I have great respect for teachers. Judging the gifts she is giving? She has some democratic views…. I guess her association taints her? I don’t see it that way.

I always wondered what Hillary gave to Bill the year that he cheated on her. Did they ever make those gifts public?

I care more about how to win this war than what kind of gifts they exchange, but gift topics make for more interesting gossip in blogs I will give you that.

I also wonder if they do their own shopping for the gifts. I also wonder if they give private novelty gifts. There was a guy in my family that cheated on his wife and when we had a gift ceremony she gave him a miniature guillotine with a penis that went in it.

Anthony said...

Presidential gifts are always public stories. I'm sure if you cared enough to ask (rather than just incite) you could find the stories from Clinton's eight years in the White House.

And who says I don't care about the war? You're so virtuous, Tom. I suppose you care more about whether they do their own shopping?
What do you think, that he's wandering around Target? Get a grip.

Nice family gift, too. That's enough insight for me.

Tom Bailey said...

I could not find the Clinton's gifts for that year when I did a search for them. I would not have mentioned it if I could. That is what raised my interest level.

This is a great topic.

supergirlest said...

it never ceases to amaze me... the "news," the "gifts," "tom"...

Anonymous said...

....supergirlest.....LOL!!!!!!!!!!

kimmyk said...

malaria-the gift that keeps on giving.

leave it to george...

754 days now..