Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Another day they owe me.

I often say, "A bad day at home is better than a good day at work." That expression is being put to the test today.
I took this week off to go to two Dave Matthews shows (the second one is tonight) and the LPGA McDonald's Championship in Maryland.
One of the things I enjoyed last year was the practice round on Wednesday. The players are milling around and it's easy to strike up a conversation, take a photo or ask for an autograph. Today however, it's gloomy and rainy, with big storms expected this afternoon here and in Maryland, so I'm at home doing this and waiting for the concert. I probably should be happy(er), since I don't have to drive to Maryland and get back in time for the show. It's come to that - being grateful for not having to drive somewhere - because of the high cost of driving somewhere.
I'll hope for better weather tomorrow (as though I can do anything about it), since Paula Creamer tees off at 9:15am. The rain isn't expected until the afternoon, and she might be done by then.

4 comments:

Kate Michele said...

our forecast looks about the same.

asthmatics nightmare.

I always use to say that it was always crappy on the weekends and nice during the week. so unfair.

think of me at dave matthews ;)

xoxox

kimmyk said...

Have a good time tonight!
Like KM said-your weather looks like our weather. But the sun is shining presently so there is hope.

Sparky Duck said...

DMB in the rain, nothing better.

I hope 4 good Havre De Grace stories

Anthony said...

C'mon Sparks, you don't think I'd have lawn seats, do ya? :)
Those poor suckers were out there 2 straight nights in the rain.

I'll be following Annika on Thursday, so I hope for at least one good story.

Kimmyk: It rained both nights. Odd for the area, but it encourages drinking, which ain't all bad!