Friday, March 21, 2008

Words of inspiration.

That's the advice I would offer to young people, which is probably why I'll never be asked to deliver a commencement address.
The point is that you should never give up. Good things take time, and if you quit you'll never know the satisfaction of achievement.
It took 8 years of evening classes at Widener for me to earn my Bachelor's Degree. Steadily, 3 or sometimes 6 credits at a time I kept at it, and eventually I had the 123 that I needed to get the degree. It wasn't going to happen as quickly as I wanted it to happen, but it surely did.
So, don't give up. The prize is within your reach and your slow steady progression will lead to the result you seek. It may seem like it will take forever, but once you've realized your accomplishment, the time will have seemed short and the achivement will last a lifetime.
Once you get it, they can't take it away from you.

1 comment:

Ladyred said...

Amen to that. I finally got my degree after a long long time. And I'm glad I have it, but I always wonder now if I should have gone back to school full time about 1998 or so, when I said I wanted to, because now finding a job is definitely harder after taking off two years of work. Then again the economy is different also. And I'm older. But, I'm glad I did it, it did seem like it took forever.