Friday, January 18, 2008

The bed we make.

I can't lie to you and tell you that there's a lot going on here at My Sick Headquarters. On Saturday morning, I'll be taking delivery of a new mattress - so that's kind of exciting. I'm spending more than I wanted, but something tells me that a good night's sleep is worth a few extra bucks. I'm spending that Ebola money I've been hoarding, so I figure I may as well spend it on "durable goods" like mattresses and cameras than something like fancy restaurants and trips to nowhere. I'm funny that way.
The thought, when I started this selling frenzy was that the money would be used for something that I could use over the long term rather than something that is burned up quickly and possibly regret later. That's how my mind works, as if you needed to know.
It's a nice mattress. A Sealy pillow top, as if I know what that means. At the store, I laid down on this fancy machine that is supposed to tell me exactly what type of mattress is best for my body type. I had to answer a bunch of questions that I really didn't want to answer. "Do you have a sleeping partner?" I didn't know what the difference would be if I said "yes," other than it would have figured in two asses instead of one. And no, I didn't count the cat.
My fervent hope is that it will be so comfortable that I won't want to get up and go to work on Monday. That would make it worth the investment.
So there ya go. The exciting life of a modern single guy. Mattress delivery.
I need to get out more.

2 comments:

msliberty said...

I'm bummed that you have to work on Monday!

I don't know if it IS comfortable...but it sure LOOKS comfortable!

Firestarter5 said...

My old bed was wore out but comfortable. It, over the years, had conformed to my body. So when it came time to get a new bed I wasn't overly excited, but when I finally got one and settled in, wow! New beds are awesome. You won't regret it.