Sunday, January 13, 2008

My dispersive mind.

It doesn't take much to make me happy. A few bucks in my pocket, some good games to watch and a tasty beverage. Lucky for me, I had all three of them this weekend.
Saturday's NFL playoff games went according to Hoyle, with the Patriots and Packers advancing, but Sunday was another story - or two. I went out to what passes as the local Sports Bar to watch Saturday's action and hung out at the shack to watch Sunday's games. So, ask me about Sunday and I'll have a more conclusive argument. Mostly, I watched Sunday at home because I'm a fugazi Charger fan, and I need to concentrate on the game when they're playing. They won and advanced to the AFC championship game, where they will be dismantled by the Patriots.
It's always fun to watch the Cowboys lose, and Sunday was no exception. I'm figuring that there a lot of Dallas residents scrambling to cancel Arizona vacation trips for the first week in February. After all, who wants to waste valuable vacation time watching the Patriots and Packers? Besides, they'll look so out of place in their Cowboy gear. Check Ebola for hotel and game packages being offered by people from Texas.
Have you ever eaten a pomegranate? If you haven't, you aren't missing much. One of my friends at work brought one in for me to sample (it's a long story) and I sliced it open today. I suppose, if I was ever stranded on an island like Tom Hanks in "Cast Away", I'd be grateful for a nice juicy pomegranate tree, shrub or whatever. Living in modern society, however, affords me the luxury of either drinking the juice (already bottled) or skipping it altogether. You make the call. The seeds are kind of chewy and the fruit part doesn't have much taste. Since I didn't eat a lot of it, I missed out on its abundant source of panothenic acid, vitamin C and potassium. I'll survive somehow.
I'm currently mulling the move to digital photography. Having abandoned myself of most of my film accessories via Ebola, I figure it's now or almost never. I mull things, probably too much sometimes and not enough at other times. I'm a Nikon guy, and I kept a couple of my favorite lenses so I'll have to migrate to Nikon's digital system so that they'll work with the camera. The upside for you people is that I'll start posting the photos on another blog, so you'll have that going for you.
It's always a matter of spending the money, and I have more pressing needs. Namely a new mattress and sofa. It isn't that the mattress gets a lot of work, just that it's 17 years old, and I think a good mattress should last a little less than 17 years before it gets to the trash heap.
I haven't given you a Kitty update in a while, mostly because he's doing fine, and what's the point to that? He sleeps a lot, but that's what cats do.

8 comments:

Kate Michele said...

have you ever seen what in mattresses..bug wise... oh oh i cant even think about it. if i was rich i'd have a new one every year.

Ladyred said...

um yea it sounds like it's time for a new mattress.......

pomegranates are good. i'd rather have it already in the bottle though too.

o0o0 can't wait to see when you get the D40. Just make sure the lenses do work with it. PRobably they will but my 10D doesn't work with one I have. THen again it isn't the Canon brand. But I do know they make digital specific lenses too. Man so much I have on my wish list, so little (to no) money.

I'm trying to keep up with ya. Apparently my boyfriend lives in bumfuck land and he cannot get internet on his street (dirt road rather). Unless i get dial up and I know it's better than nothing BUT i've got RPG games that I doubt I can manage on a damn dial up *sigh*

Handsome B. Wonderful said...

Although I'm a big Denver Broncos fan, I do like San Diego. And I too was glad to see the Cowboys lose.

rattln along said...

I was not glad to see the Cowboys lose! SO STOP YOUR GLOATING! The big game will be Green Bay and NE. Giants and the Chargers will lose in the next round.

Anthony said...

Gloating is half (all) the fun. Otherwise, what's the point?

No kidding, the Chargers and Giants will lose on Sunday. They're both lucky to have gotten this far. Norv Turner is this year's "blind squirrel".

But at least they're not watching the games on TV like some teams.

Sparky Duck said...

Billy Freaking Volek! And Sproles, sheesh, he could have ran by those guys twice

rattln along said...

I feel your love, Anthony......




Not!




:)

Anthony said...

Sparky: Volek and Sproles might get another shot on Sunday. Sproles is fast though, ain't he? Imagine if the Eagles had a kick returner ... the mind wanders.