Friday, September 28, 2007

Phriday

I keep hearing the term “Best Seller” referring to a book. Apparently, having a “Best selling book” doesn’t necessarily mean that it was the best-selling book; merely that it was on the Best Seller’s list.
Shouldn’t it be “Better Selling Book” and “Better Selling Book List” since it doesn’t have to be number one on the list to be a Best Seller? That’s odd to me, seeing as how it’s a literary distinction. I would like to think that people who make their living from words would be a little more careful with the language. There is only one Best Seller.
Things went well on Thursday. The Phillies jumped out to a 6-0 lead by the time My Name is Earl started. Earl's still in jail, and Randy may be headed there himself. I won't bore you with Office summary, suffice it to say that the show started out with a bang. Favorite Michael Scott quotes: "Is there a God? If not, then what are all these churches for?" and "I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious."
Things got better on Friday. The Phils inched closer to closing out the stinking Mets. We won and they lost, putting the Phils in first place in the Eastern Division. What makes it even sweeter is that I scored a couple of tickets to the first home game of the playoffs. I got an e-mail from the ballclub saying that I had won this "second chance" drawing, allowing me to buy tickets. Those are the only kinds of drawings I win - the ones where I get to spend money. My "win" put us squarely in section 305, day and time to be determined.
I'll be there on Sunday for the game too. Part of me wants to see the deciding game and another part wants it to be a meaningless affair as the team gets ready for their first playoff game.
To be determined.

2 comments:

rattln along said...

I have been winning a lot of lotteries from other countries with my email address. I get an email telling me that I have won so many millions of dollars in a lottery that I did not buy a ticket for. Should I respond to them and share the winnings with you?

MBKimmy said...

Good luck with the playoffs or whatever it may be ... I not really a baseball fan ... football and Nascar yes - basketball and Baseball not really but i will root for your team with you!
ps tell your friend above I will share that money too! haha