Sunday, September 23, 2007

Another blog seed from the comments

"Ever notice that most of your commenters are female? Me thinks you have a secret to getting the ladies to respond to you."
- Rattl'n Chains, comment from yesterday.
Yes, I have noticed, and it's a keen observation by you. I wish that "secret" worked in the real world as well as it does here in the Blogosphere.
From the start I've always had more women readers and commenters than men. I think it's because I don't write much about sports and "guy stuff", and when I do write about sports, it's in a general interest way, because I like to look at things from a different perspective.
No doubt, most of my Google searches for such things as Alycia Lane bikini pics, Britney Spears and Paula Creamer are coming from men, but they are undoubtedly disappointed by what they find here and are likely to be quick to leave. I can't help but wonder what the reaction is when their little Google search uncovers a legitimate essay on Paula or one of the girls and no trace of any revealing pictures. Part of me takes great pleasure in disappointing them.
Generally, I'm more comfortable in a room full of women than men. That hasn't helped me much socially, but in general, I think that once people get to know me, they find that I'm not a typical guy, which I've always accepted as a badge of honor, but women (in the real world) find to be of little appeal.
I think my comfort level comes in because I was raised by my mother, after my father died. At work last week, we had Diversity Training (which I found to be redundant), and the issue came up over assigning traditional gender roles to boys and girls. I strongly objected, and made the case that a boy leaving home would have no idea how to run a washing machine, iron clothes or shop for groceries if his sister (or mother) always did those things. Some Neanderthals in the group thought otherwise. Their kids will grow up to be helpless and totally dependent on their wife to do everything. They can find someone subservient like that, but what kind of marriage is that? But I digress.
I think the things I write about here and generally think about are not gender specific, and I think that if you did a study, you'd find that there are probably more women bloggers than men to begin with, so with the combination of those two things, it really isn't surprising. Men, in general, have difficulty expressing their feelings, so blogging is a chore. I realize that is a stereotype, but sometimes, stereotypes are true. That's how they got to be stereotypes.
My next post will deal specifically with men's fascination with breasts, football and beer and how quickly you can eat various foods.
Just to be fair.

9 comments:

MBKimmy said...

hahah i like your blog - guess it is a woman thing ... my hubby blogs on his myspace - I think he has had his myspace for a little over a year and he has 3 blogs posted ... 2 on sports and 1 on his stupid workers ...

Sparky Duck said...

In general numbers i think more bloggers are women then men. My number skew chick too, though not as chickish as it used to be.

Plus, being comfortable with women and being able to share ones feelings makes the blog more favroable to women then men i think.

the Book of Keira said...

I posted a sexy picture of Kat VonD once and it still gets me google hits :-)

rattln along said...

i just looked at my stats and saw that the Charles Nelson Riley post has generated the most hits. Maybe I should post more about Hollyweird stuff.

kimmyk said...

i think it's cause you're so metrosexual. ha! i'm kidding. what do i know.

i think you're funny that's why i come back...not for the naked golfing pictures. or if you posted them i mean.

can't wait for tomorrow's post. interesting topics.

Anonymous said...

A very interesting observation. I wonder what the stats are on men to women bloggers. Google-it.

You now officially have another woman on board. I may be the female version of you, in that I am more comfortable in a room full of men than women. I can be treated like 'one of the guys' and not have to deal with petty competition that usually goes on with my own kind.
I love my women friends but I think men dole out much less drama and I like it that way.

I'll be happy to add you to my 'roll : )

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You re, I guess , probably curious to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may commense to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The company represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your choice That`s what you really need!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a proper partner who uses your funds in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://fodaceqazy.maddsites.com/finefawa.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to get rid of nastiness of the life

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You re, I guess , probably curious to know how one can make real money .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may start to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
AimTrust represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with offices around the world.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your chance That`s what you desire!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a proper partner utilizes your savings in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://elyhumyxuv.kogaryu.com/xujyryb.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of hardship when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in big starting capital.
Now, I'm happy and lucky , I begin to get real income.
It gets down to select a correct partner who utilizes your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real business, parts and divides the income with me.

You can ask, if there are such firms? I have to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]