Monday, September 24, 2007

A brief interlude

In between spending an ungodly amount of money on 4 new tires for my car, washing and waxing the same car and activating a new cell phone, there wasn't a lot of time for insightful thought today. Pity.
The most insightful thing I did today was decide what to have for lunch. A buffalo chicken salad. Fortunately, I ate the salad before I had to pay for the tires and still had my appetite. There may be a bigger racket than selling and installing tires. If there is, I can't think of it right now. Maybe concert tickets, but they cost a fraction of what 4 16-inch tires cost.
You can't ride around on bald tires. I thought about it, but I had this recurring nightmare of all 4 tires exploding simultaneously on my high-speed commute to work, and I was sent careening into a deep ditch where I was left to rot until squirrels and birds pecked away at me to the point of leaving me unidentifiable, save for the twisted remains of my tire-less car. Police were able to identify me as they pasted together the VIN plate from my dashboard and compared the registration to my dental records.
So, maybe if you think about it that way, the tires were a bargain?
I'm very tired.

7 comments:

Sparky Duck said...

yes putting it that way, the tires are a bargain

Kate Michele said...

I hate buying tires.

Rest up man.

the Book of Keira said...

Buffalo chicken salad... that sounds yummy.

kimmyk said...

Did you put blue cheese dressing on that salad? I'm hungry.

rattln along said...

perhaps you should put the wings on your car and then you would not need to have tires.

Nice pun at the end!

Firestarter5 said...

Try buying 31.5" tires....

On second thought, don't.

Anthony said...

Kimmyk: I absolutely put the blue cheese dressing on. [singing] "Tired of living..."

Rattln: Believe it or not, I didn't even realize that until you mentioned it. Egad. I really was tired.

FS5: There was a big jeep out in the parking lot too, so I counted my blessings - in addition to the crappy gas mileage and ecological disaster, the poor slob has to put tires on the thing.