Tuesday, August 7, 2007

What is big, green and as cold as Hell?

"Our long, national nightmare is over."
- Gerald R. Ford

It's freezing in here! I haven't said that in the 16 years I've lived here. When I got up this morning, it was 74 degrees inside. I've never been able to get this place below 77 - ever. I'll have to adjust the thermostat now. So, that ugliness is behind me, and all I have to do is figure out a way to pay for it.
For my buddy to the north, here's a photo of the giant green monster in my side yard. The big bucks also included a new coil for the inside unit which ran about 12 hundred, and a day's labor for three people. If I had known how much of a difference it would make, I would have had it done years ago. I actually might save enough on my electric bill to pay for the thing in - oh, like - 10 years!
For all you tecnho-geeks out there, it's a 2 and a half ton unit that replaced the woefully undersized unit I had. It will keep the air drier and it will run more efficiently than the old one, which I can see already.
The four-panel window upstairs is the place where all this drivel originates.
Finally, I've got the biggest one on the block.

8 comments:

Kate Michele said...

At night I jeep the place at 67...AND sleep naked. Yes Yes I'm one hot momma! ;)

SO now that you got the biggest one on the block whats next for you?

Kate Michele said...

jeep was to be KEEP

Sparky Duck said...

Ok now I am calling my apt management company. yours is so much bigger then mine and mine was supposed to be new!

Anonymous said...

so how was the concert?

Ladyred said...

Eh, size, size, size.

Anyhow, glad you are in a much cooler state. I know today was smothering. My truck ride just seems so long in the heat. I wonder if they could hook me up with one of those. I can put the unit in the back of my truck haha.

kimmyk said...

wait a whoozit.
did you pay for that? for the whole apt. unit? what's up with that? is that a condo? i mean i can see then if it is but if not then what the hell?

Firestarter5 said...

I have to go with KK on this one. Doesn't the owner of the building hold some responsibility for upgrades to the building itself?

the Book of Keira said...

You know... size matters.