Thursday, August 9, 2007

Unanswered questions and unquestioned answers

How does a random song get stuck in my head for an entire day? Today, it was Steely Dan's "Green Earrings". I had to listen to it when I got home to get rid of it. I don't mind. Of course, Steely Dan is like potato chips - you can't listen to just one.

free music

What is with the sport coats? I'm watching ESPN's Sports Center and there's a reporter in Dallas (where it's 96 degrees) talking about how hot it is and how the players are going to suffer in tonight's pre-season opener. So, doofus, take off the sport coat and necktie. It makes you look like you're too stupid to be comfortable. Would you leave the house in a regular jacket if the temperature was 100 degrees? Not without people questioning your sanity. It bothers me that men are "forced" to wear a jacket regardless of the temperature, because of some perceived issue over formality. It's hot. Be a man and take the jacket off.
Can someone explain to me the purpose of the automobile registration? Sure, when I buy the car I'll register it with the state, but what's the point of renewing it? When I sell it, somebody else can register it. Until then, it's a tax and a pointless waste of money and I hate pointless wastes of money - especially if it's mine.

And, while we're at it, is there any more pointless waste of money than auto insurance? Add up all the money you've spent on it and subtract out the amount you have used. It's a pretty big number, I'll bet. At least with life insurance you get something at the end. Of course, you're dead which takes some of the satisfaction out of it, but still...

Simply ... WTF?
FOREST, Virginia - A smudge of driveway sealant resembling Jesus Christ's face has fetched more than $1,500 for the Forest family that found the holy image on its garage floor. The Serio family put the slab of concrete up for auction on eBay more than a week ago. Wednesday, they got a taker at $1,525.69.
More money than brains, apparently is the answer. Of course, none of us knows what Christ looked like, so any graven image is man-made and the idea that eBay allowed some schmuck to buy it is a testimony to their businesslike greed.
I just don't know sometimes.

3 comments:

kimmyk said...

i shoulda sold my virgin mary uterus that appeared on my hand towel last year. i could be a millionaire right now.

Anthony said...

Virgin Mary Uterus.

Can I use that if I ever get the band back together?

the Book of Keira said...

And here I've been feeling guilty for driving around uninsured for the past 8 years.