Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Something to Lighten the Mood

Comics. Everybody loves the comics. Light, funny and something to take your mind off the stress of the everyday world ... or a cheap excuse for a post when my mind is a blank? You decide.

OK, so as I write this, the Shrub is in Washington working on his pronounciation for his big speech. "Nuc ... Neuc ... Nuck... Newcl ..." Atomic. Fucking vowels.

He's ready to inform us as to the State of the Union. As if we didn't already know. Another year of this nitwit, then we're done. The speech should be on the Cartoon Network.
So ... who's next?

That seems to be the "popular" opinion, although I'm not so sure she would be the wrong choice. She lived in the White House for 8 years, so you can't argue the "no experience" deal. She's bright, well-spoken and out of the rest of the field, she's clearly the standout. However, having said all that, I don't think the country is ready for (a) Bill's wife in the White House or (b) a woman president.
Although, something tells me that there are plenty of countries around the world who look at us and wonder why we have such odd ideas about who our president can and should be. It would be nice to be able to lay the job on the most qualified individual, but in the age of TV, Internet and form over substance, it will probably never happen.

More on that, later, but as for now, I'm kinda going with Hillary. As for these two...

Models display a creation by Colombia's fashion designer Renzo Gaviria during the Colombiatex show in Medellin, Colombia, Monday, Jan. 22, 2007.
Really - that's what the caption said. I'm at a loss. Anyone care to guess what the "creation" is?

11 comments:

Kate Michele said...

Ok so I'm trying to busy myself till the guy's off my tube.... I can't watch it...I just can't.

Sorry buddy but I don't like Hillary, Not sure why just don't.

Ummmm....nice jeans they're a wearing there....**cough**.

Firestarter5 said...

Could I be the meat in that lesbian sandwich?

Anthony said...

FS5: drew you in like a moth to a flame!

Katie: So, it's the jeans, eh? **cough** He's done now. You can resume your normal life.

Sparky Duck said...

can we get a closeup of that creation please???

Pam said...

The jeans. I guess they thought that shirts would detract from the *cough* creations.

Hillary may surprise us all. The only problem I have with her is that she is too moderate. I may be alone on this but I'd love to see ol' Bill as first gentleman!!

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry at those cartoons.

Anthony said...

Oh yeah ... they're wearing jeans. I was distracted by the shiny beads!

You can laugh, because if you cry, then the terrorists win.

Maybe "moderate" can win. People don't seem to want extremists on either side.

kimmyk said...

Maybe it's for the spray on tan that they're covered in. If I looked that good, let me tell ya-I'd only be wearin' jeans too.

Kate Michele said...

I second that Kimmy!!! I'd have to move to a warmer climate!

supergirlest said...

perhaps the creation is that terrible bleach job streak down the front?

where did you FIND those cartoons? PERFECT!

so i see the chardonnay did render you a blank mind, eh? i saw it attacking you, i just couldn't get there to stop it!

Me said...

I'm with Pam. I want Bill BACK in the White House, I don't care if it's First Prostitute status. I just want him back.
OK, I wasn't gonna laugh at the 'toons, but damn it, they're freaking funny.

msliberty said...

The first cartoon is the best and so appropriate for your assessment, so eloquently recorded, over at Fernando's pad. :)