Saturday, October 21, 2006

Phishing from the Ebay Pier


Today, I got this e-mail. It is representative of those that I get almost daily:

A complaint has been filed against you in the Fraud Reporting Form at eBay.

============================================
FRAUD COMPLAINT
Complaint Tracking Number: 4205848966
By: x x@x.x
Item #: 2996804910
Winning Bid: $126.00

Nature of Complaint:
I sent a payment but never received any merchandise.
Text of Complaint: I won an auction for a $500 Pep Boys Gift Certificate. It was a certificate number which you entered after ordering online. We were told by Pep Boys, that the certificate number was stolen and not valid.

============================================

In the next 3 days, please visit the Fraud Reporting Form to resolve this complaint with caseylynncarroll.

...blah, blah, blah. Someone is trying to get my log-in info, and I'm supposed to be stupid enough to click on the link they supplied and log into my Ebay account.

But, it's not that so much, because I can delete the e-mail. What I'm really upset about is that someone thinks I'm stupid enough to sell a $500 Pep Boys gift certificate for $126.

4 comments:

supergirlest said...

LMAO!!!!! and what's even more stupid is that anyone would bid less than a gift certificate is worth and expect to get it!

msliberty said...

*laughing*

I agree with Kara...

"If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

Kate Michele said...

I get the paypal ones!!!

Anthony said...

I get the Paypal ones too. Three or four a day. I guess this one just got to me.