Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Flintstones and Fried Coke and Burke, Oh My.

Every now and then, I go and get all political on your ass. It's like one of those pressure cookers. The heat builds up, and eventually the steam causes the lid to blow off. Mine went off yesterday. Today, I found a site that has a map of Springfield, where the Simpson's live, so the part of my brain that lives in TV is complete, and the pressure has been relieved - for now.

Meanwhile, it is raining here, and I'm reading that Vince Vaughn is pissed. According to statement released by a London law firm, the 36-year-old actor would be filing a "legal complaint" against a tabloid trio — the New York Post and the Britain-based Daily Mirror and The Sun.
I've seen a couple of his movies. I'd like to file a "legal complaint".

And, you
r president has continued to sign his name much in the manner in which a person signs a rest room stall:
WASHINGTON — President Bush signed a sweeping terror interrogation and trial law this morning, creating a legal process for trying terrorism suspects and giving the president the power to determine whether interrogation methods violate international treaties.

I have this "thing" that sticks in me whenever I read or hear the word "alleged". I imagine myself being accused of some heinous crime, and the local news anchor reading my name with "alledgedly" after it, and before the crime, as though I had been convicted, which of course, I have not.
Now, the president has made a law that says that the government can do as much as it deems necessary when interrogating alledged terrorists, in spite of the fact that
interrogation is not known to be a deterrant to crime.
But, before I go and get all political on your ass, go to Pam's blog and read about a little known use for a table with two funny legs.

Now, I'm going to throw this in for my pal FIRESTARTER5, as a little token of my appreciation for giving me a shout out on his blog on Monda
y. I know, he'll say she's wearing too much, but, hey - the boobs look fake, so I figure it's a wash.

And, if this happens, I swear I'm packing the cat and heading west. If it does, maybe we should just build a big fence around Nevada and color one of the stars on the flag red in their honor.

Fried Coke? Somebody fill me in. It's the latest hit at state fairs, and it's supposed to be really bad for you, which means it must be delicious. Supposedly, the folks in Texas find it tasty. Maybe my Blogger buddy Trojan knows what's going on?

Lindsay Lohan wants to get married before she's 30, as part of her 10-year plan. OK, Lindsey, I want to get married before I'm 50, so let's kill two birds with one stone - so to speak.

I just got the first season of The Flintstones on DVD. I bought it through Kate's Amazon link box, which sounds dirty but it's not. I watched the first two episodes tonight, and immediately started grinning when I heard that stupid music and the voices of Fred and Barney. Sadly, the Cartoon Channel doesn't show it anymore, so the only way I know to get it is to buy it.
If you have kids, don't let them grow up without the experience of stuff like The Flintstones, Bullwinkle and The Jetson's. It beats the Hell out of that junk on Nick Toons, or whatever it's called now.

I only watch that goofy Dancing With the Stars show long enough to see Cheryl Burke. Then, it's off to baseball or hockey.


I'm totally blocked on a topic for this week's Thursday Thirteen. If you have an idea, drop it in the comments box.

10 comments:

ysfb said...

You could talk about your childhood. My childhood was funny in a dysfunctional runaway train kind of way. Always makes people laugh, and me cry in silence.

supergirlest said...

thanks for making me smile! you have no idea. i'm drained - so you're getting my version of bullet points. :)

*you'd better come pick pam and i up on your way to nevada. :)

*fried coke? curiouser and curiouser.

*who is that chick you posted a picture of for you buddy? i have a feeling i should know...

*the flintstones. it's been years. and i always hearted that show. i'm green.

*you going with sick bastard's suggestion? i wanna hear his, too. i promise not to laugh.

Pam said...

I'm thinking of doing an unpublicized T13 too - in honor of the upcoming HS reunion.

Fried coke sounds nasty. But it's probably pretty tasty.

I'd be up for a roadtrip to Nevada, for, um, some salad, with you & Kara anyday!

Lindsey Lohan needs to keep her clothes on. She's young enough to be your daughter fer crissakes!!

Anthony said...

kara: My car seats 4.

* Still waiting for Trojan to check in on the fried Coke.

* She's a "Brazilian Model" I found on Yahoo photos today. She could be American Citizen if she would send me an e-mail.

* The first 2 seasons are the best. Before Pebbles and Gazoo.

* Not sure yet. Still fielding suggestions. Would like to do something a bit more upbeat.

Anthony said...

Pam: I'll bet that Coke deal is delicious.

November 8 - Nevada road trip.

I'm all-in as far as Lindsey's 10-year plan is concerned.

Carmen said...

i think you might have had your 13 things today. :)

Kate Michele said...

How exactly does one "fry" coke?? Can you fry liquid??

Well when you help Lyndsay out with her 10 year plan, do me and her a favor and make her eat a sandwich or 12!!!!!

Thanks for the Amazon purchase!! You rock!!

Anthony said...

Kate: "You rock" ... nice Flintstones reference!

carmen: It's feast or famine around here! :)

Luck: I'll bet his movies play great in Spanish.

Unknown said...

13 cartoons that should still be showing on TV?

My TT is up! All about my love for blogging! Feel free to visit my site and leave your thoughts anytime. =)

Firestarter5 said...

Lindsay Lohan has done more lines than a road painting crew.