Saturday, October 7, 2006

It's Saturday!

NAZARETH, Pa. - A Northampton County elementary school boy will face disciplinary action, including a suspension, and he will have to undergo counseling for bringing a toy gun to school. Officials in the Nazareth Area School District say they found the toy gun during a search of lockers and backpacks Thursday. Two Shafer Elementary students had told their principal they heard a rumor on a school bus that someone had a weapon. They finally found the toy gun and the student's parents were called to the school.
And they probably found out that the kid got the gun from his father's gun cabinet. Seriously, lock the thing, will ya? Just for laughs, I bet the kid filled it with vodka.
The American public is really losing its sense of humor.
----------------------------------------------------------
PERTH AMBOY, NJ - School officials in New Jersey plan to suspend without pay a middle school gym teacher charged with carrying on a sexual relationship with a 13-year-old student. Amy Burke, 32, of Carteret, was being held without bail on charges of aggravated sexual assault, aggravated criminal sexual contact, endangering the welfare of a child and official misconduct.

'Endangering the welfare' ... that sounds like piling on to me. Really, hasn't the woman suffered enough? And what about the kid? If they were really concerned about his welfare, wouldn't they just let him enjoy himself?
Doesn't it seem like a lot of these high school teacher sex stories involve adult females? Or is it just the ones we hear about - because they're so OUTRAGEOUS! How did I miss out when I was in high school? I'll bet the kid is very disappointed. How's he going to find a nice girl his own age once this story starts to circulate? I know it's Perth Amboy, but they have standards, too.

"She's a good girl, but she does her own thing," her father, Michael Haskins, told The Star-Ledger of Newark for Friday's newspapers. "She ran with the wrong crowd in high school. I advise her. That's all I can do."

A "good girl..." Here we go again. Well, Mike, if she did her own thing, she wouldn't be in the situation she's in now. Obviously, she was trying to correct her problem of running with the wrong crowd in high school.
Geez, doesn't anybody get it? You can't bring a toy gun to school and you can't screw your teachers. Do we have to write this stuff down?

--------------------------------------------------

"Can you believe this is my life? Will you pity me when you're back in your funky New York apartment and I'm still in Pittsburgh? I need to get more glamorous films and stop with my indie year."

PITTSBURGH, PA - Sienna Miller, who disparaged Pittsburgh in a magazine interview, apologized on Friday, saying her remarks were taken out of context and that she found the city and residents gracious.

Sure, now you apologize. Every jackass who makes a stupid comment says that their remarks were taken out of context. There's the quote, you figure out the context. They must think we're idiots. Guess what, Sienna ... if you hadn't made that asinine comment, we wouldn't know who you are. And, by the way ... I pity you now.
---------------------------------------------------------


For Lacroix: A model presents a creation by French designer Christian Lacroix du
ring the Spring/Summer 2007 ready-to-wear collections in Paris.

OK girls, c'mon. Would ya?





A model presents a creation by Croatian designer Ivana Omazic for Celine during the Spring/Summer 2007 ready-to-wear collections in Paris.



OK guys, c'mon. Would ya?





That looks like it's "ready to wear". Jump out of bed and throw it on. I'll bet she's not wearing underpants either.

By the way, if you are even remotely politically interested, stop by Pam's blog (it's the one with the girl in the funny headgear) and check out the Keith Olberman commentary that she posted. I'll save you the trouble -- just click here. It's just about the best commentary on the current administration I've heard. He even uses the "L" word.
She thinks Keith is a hunk. You make the call.

6 comments:

Pam said...

That sweater looks like it's been eaten by moths.

And there's nothing sexier than an intelligent, articulate man telling the TRUTH!! Oh, and his eyes aren't so bad either........*sigh*

Anthony said...

Oh ... for a minute there, I thought you were talking about me. :)

Pam said...

You ain't so bad either, Anthony!! I am a little bit partial to brainy geeks...do you have any ties and glasses lying around you could "dress up" in?? And then call Bush a liar repeatedly. Yup, I think that would do it ;-) !

Kate Michele said...

The shoes? Yes with the right outfit...but then I have a thing for funky footwear...

The sweater? Yes but there would most difently be something under it like a tank!

Keith? Hell yeah!!! He's so sexy and I love his commentary!! I watch his countdown show just about everynight!!

kimmyk said...

I remember when plastic toy guns were apart of growing up as a child. Not anymore.

The teacher messing with a the kid? WTF. I don't get that. These children are all the same age as my own-I just wouldn't know what to do. I'd be freakin' the eff out let me tell you.

Wouldn't wear the shoes. I have a hard enough time walking in tenny's. The sweater? If my rack was as nice as hers? HA! I'd wear it. On a Sunday even.

gloria said...

Okay thank GOODNESS I didn't have to compete with my M.S. Phys Ed. teacher! she was HOT!
:P