Monday, December 24, 2007

It's almost over.

Pretty soon - as Jack Crabb said to General Custer in "Little Big Man" - "There won't be nothin' left but a greasy spot."
Xmas 2007 will be glorious history and the Goyim can go back to their lives of humdrum normalcy for another 11 months, when it will all certainly kick up again, worse than last year.
I'm one of the goons at work today, and compounding the issue is the fact that last night, I spilled half a glass of Southern Comfort & cranberry juice in my computer keyboard, rendering it either useless or drunk, I'm not sure which. Whatever; it isn't working, so I'm filing this in absentia, lest I go a day without writing something and you think I've suffered a horrible death or worse - decided to stop altogether.
The nice people I work for give us a half-day off and pay us for a full day, which is nice, but I think I'd rather sleep in and be spared the phony "Merry Christmas" wishes from management types who spend the other 364 days avoiding me.
My wish in haiku:
"Merry Christmas to you too,
you fat tub of goo."
Actually, what I normally say is, "Same to you." That way, if their wish isn't genuine, I can feel like I'm throwing it back in their face. Seriously, we know it isn't genuine, don't we?
On my drive in this morning at 7am, the local mall was already at normal weekday capacity (judging by the parking lot) and the local grocery store was booming. I don't know what they could possibly be buying at this point. Computer keyboards?
The sad part for me at least, is that I will need to find a Staples or some other out-of-the-way store where I can find a keyboard. Really, I'm more upset about spilling half a glass of fine beverage mix which would have fit much better in my stomach than in the intricate inner-workings of a computer keyboard.
So, if I don't see ya, try to make it through the day tomorrow. I'll be feasting on Chinese food and probably watching "I Am Legend" at the local cinema, or whatever other recent blockbuster is playing.
Remember to drink responsibly.

4 comments:

rattln along said...

responsible drink requires knowing the difference from your mouth and computer keyboard.

Have you seen National Treasure 2?

I waited until 1 was on TV before I watched it. It was pretty good. I wonder what 2 will have in store. Will there be a 3?

Firestarter5 said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS ANTHONY!

kimmyk said...

merry christmas anthony!

Handsome B. Wonderful said...

rendering it either useless or drunk, I'm not sure which.

Great line. I live in fear over spilling something over my keyboard.

I am Legend was good but Charlie Wilson's War was better in my opinion. Then again, if you're not into politics it might not be the movie for ya.