Saturday, December 29, 2007

Isthmus be my lucky day.

While separating some laundry tonight, I felt around the pockets of my jeans (something I encourage) and came across $48 in cash in the rear pocket (my favorite pocket). So that was a good thing. I should have missed the money, since it's been in those pants since Tuesday.
I find a lot of spare change and dollar bills, but I don't generally find anything larger than a $5 bill.
As you can no doubt reason, I don't carry a wallet. God knows where that thing would wind up.
-----------------------
It's probably a good thing I don't have wads of disposable income. I'd own every gadget in the world. I've already been through the GPS window shopping, and I'm not wildly enthusiastic about them. I don't do enough random traveling to make the thing worthwhile.
One of my young co-workers got a new PSP for Xmas, and he has been bringing it into work. It packs quite a lot into a little package, and the "Gadget Guy" in me got a little twinge. Naturally, I started the window-shopping process. They're around $200 and once again, if the money didn't matter, I'd be all over it. However, I'm not much of a gamer, and between the 8 gigabyte chip on my cell phone and my 20 gigabyte Dell mp3 player, I can load up every song I own, so the music isn't the issue. Maybe if I do 3 more loads of laundry I can find enough money to just buy the thing?
I'm not sure I'd want to watch movies on the tiny screen. If I'm not at work, I'm at home where there is a full-sized LCD screen for that. I don't frequent Starbucks or other WiFi hot spots, so the Internet surfing isn't a selling point. I like movies, but I like them on the big screen. I don't do enough sitting around to make it a worthwhile investment.
I guess I could hook it up to my TV and play on that, but why would I want to use the PSP if I was already in front of the TV?
Still ... why do I want one?

3 comments:

MBKimmy said...

We always want what we don't have no matter if we really "want" it or not! You see I am spoiled too!
Good luck!

kimmyk said...

wonder how long it will be before the people at PSP find your blog.

Dude I'm tellin' ya---you need to start selling yourself.

Firestarter5 said...

I agree with the small screen. I laugh at these people who buy cellphones where they tell you that you can watch movies on your cellphone now. Who the hell would want to watch something on a 2" screen? North Americans will all have shitty eyesight within years.