Friday, June 15, 2007

Mundane ramblings of someone with nothing of substance

A silver surfer? Are they serious? While I admit that I haven't seen a movie in a theater in about 4 years (when did The Wedding Crashers come out?) or read a comic book in 40, this Fantastic Four deal with the surfer destroying planets leaves me absolutely dumbfounded - which isn't a long trip these days. If they are trying to drag people into the theater this summer, they might drag somebody, but it won't be me. If I got comments, I'm sure somebody would comment on this and tell me how they are so looking forward to this movie, and how they will be lining up on Friday to see it. Go ahead.
Meanwhile, the band with the world's worst front man is back on the road. Genesis is adding shows faster than you can say "bald white guy" and Phil Collins will do his best to make people wish that Peter Gabriel was still dressing up like a flower and over-pronouncing words while they cough up a couple hundred bucks for these British geezers.
OK, so let me explain The Wedding Crashers thing. This is how I go to movies: Generally, showtimes are in the 3, 5 and 7:30 area. When I get the mood - which admittedly doesn't come along very often - to leave the house and sit in a darkened theater by myself, I plan on arriving at one of those times and take pot luck as to what is playing. It's the Magellan in me that makes me want to take a shot and see whatever is playing when I get there. The last time, it happened to be The Wedding Crashers, which wasn't the worst movie I have ever seen, but then again, I don't see every movie, so you never know, really.

I'm getting a little tired of holding doors for people. Lately, it seems that not only do I have to hold it open, but I have to wrench my elbow holding it while they walk all the way through. Aren't you supposed to at least touch the door while the person in front [me] is holding it? I think so. At least make an effort, so I don't look like a disjointed stunt man trying to hold a door backward, walk out and still maintain my balance. Touch the door.

As if that wasn't enough, now we're running out of birds:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Some common U.S. birds - like sparrows, chickadees and meadowlarks - are in deep decline due to suburban sprawl, big agriculture and pesticides, the National Audubon Society reported on Thursday.
I'm telling ya, folks ... soon ... we'll run out of space. Then, where will we be?
Mars.

1 comment:

Sparky Duck said...

I could tell you that the Silver Surfer turns out to be a good guy, but then thats in the comics and movies never stick to comics.