Saturday, March 17, 2007

When Poop Floats

If you are anywhere near my age, you have certain deep-rooted beliefs that are based on what you learned when you were young. Mine manifested itself last night. I wandered over to Larry King Live, and his guest was Suzanne Somers, former bimbo TV star. That's the deep rooted belief, the bimbo part.

It was this deep-rooted belief that caused me to stumble when I heard the following phrase from her swollen lips: "...my seventh book..."

Ya gotta be kidding, me? Seven? Based on my deep-rooted belief, she should have barely finished reading seven books, never mind writing them. They are memorable, however. I remember seeing her discussing one of those books, and proclaiming that if your poop floats, you are eating right. Mine has been sinking like a stone for as long as I can remember. I don't know what I'd have to eat to make it float, but if it's a lot different than what I'm eating now, it ain't happening. I'm not eating tree bark and soy chips so I can lay a bobber.

Then I saw this ... I think it's a beer ad. Kinda funny looking.

I could go for a Heineken.

Meanwhile...

Three contestants on the venerable game show Jeopardy! all finished with $16,000 after each answering the final question correctly in the category, "Women of the 1930s," on Friday's show. "We've had a lot of crazy things happen on Jeopardy! but in 23 years I've never seen anything like this before," host Alex Trebek said.
The show contacted a mathematician who calculated the odds of such a three-way tie happening — one in 25 million.

First of all, any TV show that includes an exclamation point as part of its title is a little goofy in my book. Pompous speaks for itself.

I remember a lot of those crazy things that happened on Jeopardy!! [the first exclamation point is part of the title, the second is emphasis] Like the time the guy answered with an answer, or the time the guy forgot his answer and those little lights ran out. And the one where all the contestants were named Bill. That was nuts.

I contacted a mathematician who calculated the odds of the show letting those people keep the $16,000 -- one in 25 million.

3 comments:

Kate Michele said...

She's written seven books??!! And I have written none.... whats that say about me? I need to look into this....

Sparky Duck said...

cmon, throw the woman a break, her house burned down. Oh and she is a semi MILF

Christy Forrester said...

It is 3:0OAM where I am...I am having one of those nights...that I just get scared and can't sleep. I have been watching the food network for 3 hours but mostly listening for noises in the house.

I just got on line and thought I'd catch up on your blog. I have to thank you for the this post...the line, "I am not eating tree bark and soy chips so I can lay a bobber" made me laugh hard enough to erase the boogie man.

Thanks! Now I can go to sleep :-)
See Blogging does mean something!