Wednesday, September 6, 2006

Vanity, Thy Name is Suri

Am I nuts, or is that kid wearing a toupee?
I continue to be fascinated by the Google searches that turn up my blog. I'm funny that way. Today's favorite search that turned up my blog comes from London, England; and features the phrase "penile inversion vaginoplasty fuck". I'm not sure if it bothers me that such a search turns up my blog, or that someone actually typed that in as a Google search. It turned up the John Mark Karr post [Kids and Creeps; Aug 20th], so I guess I can understand that part of it, although I'm clueless as to the curiosity that inspired it. I suppose someone could be curious about penile inversion vaginoplasty, and just add the fuck for color, although I would have added Cecily Tynan, and omitted the fuck.

Meanwhile, the discussion over the death of Steve Irwin continues. Mostly, there is great shock over the circumstances. The Sting Ray is not supposed to be an attack animal, but I can't help but wonder why people would be surprised that his death was caused by something that is in the name of the animal that did it. It doesn't surprise me that much, but I don't goof with animals whose names are also verbs, so what do I know.

I've had it up to here (pointing at my throat) with the Nextel phone gizmos. I was trapped next to a guy on the elliptical trainer who was using it to ridiculous lengths. Back and forth - chirp - chirp - chirp - playing phone tag with a salesman (escalators, of all things). I don't know which bothered me more; the incessant chirping or the fact that I had to listen to both ends of a conversation I had no interest in, other than ending it. You're supposed to be exercising. Go to work, if that's what you want to do. They're walkie talkies for grown-up's. At least they seem like grown-up's. More like giant kids with a play-toy. Talk on the phone like a normal person, and leave me out of your discussions.

Which reminds me - remember when telephone conversations were private things? They took place in booths or a special room where the phone was away from the ears of people who really don't give a crap about your conversation. Now, the phone is an appliance, and we are subjected to all manner of people using it as though they are in the Cone of Silence, when in fact, they are in public - which doesn't have all the appeal it used to have - at least not for me. Privacy, manners and consideration are behaviors that are sadly close to extinction.

And then, there's little Suri Cruise, Baby-Girl Wonder. I'm totally expecting her little head to spin around and lightning bolts to shoot out, setting fire to the church, while bodies pop out of the cemetary.
It probably won't happen, but I wouldn't be as surprised as I was to find out that Steve Irwin was stung by a Sting Ray.

5 comments:

Pam said...

Do you read Kukka-Maria's blog? She has the real picture of baby Suri:

http://felinesovereign.blogspot.com/

kimmyk said...

I think it's sad that a beautiful baby is the root of such controversy.

Pam-I had to look--that's just too funny! That cat!

Carmen said...

Ha ha. I used to work for Nextel. I tried to convince them to change that chirp! :)

Anthony said...

Kimmy: Sad, yes. However, it's up to mom and pop to keep the baby at home. Tons of celebs have kids and we never hear a peep out of them - and good for them!

Carmen: Uggggh ... that chirp! Not only won't they change it, but they use it as marketing.

Kate Michele said...

Ok first the post I will be posting next has a snippet about the Tom and Katie thing...great minds we are!!

Second about the Nextell thing...I DONOT get it!! Whats the point of it, isn't it easier to just use your phone there to CALL them, the purpose of the phone!! And I can never understand what the other person is streaching over them things!! How they can I'll never know...